Why does the Waltenkommando forum exist?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by FORMER_FYRDMAN, Jul 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

I don't wish to be vindictive but nothing constructive is achieved here and it's becoming increasingly toe-curling. Please could regular posters on this forum suffer a virtual piano wire/meat hook interface whilst clutching a back catalogue from the Franklin Mint?
    • Like Like x 5
  2. I've said it myself a number of times. Leave it to The Sunjock he seems to do better at it.
  3. Because it keeps them away from normal folk?
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  5. With rare exceptions it's basically a 'special needs' area of the site. I suppose it serves a purpose in exposing the inadequate, the fantasists, the wannabes, the obsessive, and the totally deranged. Plus it occasionally outs a Walt.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Mostly it seems to be for embittered never served ******* who are jealous a man with medals, earned or not, is getting more fanny and attention than they are.
    Usually unable to do their own searching to find Linkedin pages or facts to back up or destroy their target.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Ah, I was wondering if we were overdue a "Why do we have xxxxxx forum? I don't like it so it should be binned" thread

Basically it's the same as all the others, if you don't like it, don't read it.
    I can't be arsed with 99% of what gets put in there but sometimes, just sometimes, a comedy gem is unearthed like Mr Golden and a few others. But some people do enjoy it so why not let them keep it.
    I have no interest in cars but I wouldn't start a thread asking for their forum to be binned.

Sent in a harsh font, using finger paints
    • Like Like x 5
  8. HHH

HHH LE

Plus it keeps them all in the one place, if it wasn't there they would be posting all over the site.

Sent from under my pillow
  9. Whilst we are on it, why the **** do we have a recruiting forum? Its full of wannabe ***** who know **** all about the Army answering stupid questions.
  10. Be fair, it gives Cadet AIs something to do with their days.
  11. Asides from raping impressionable boys?
  12. And turning their heads into Pezz dispensers.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Dusty, etc.
  14. More splattery I'd say.
  15. It's there to make the cold nights in Belfast go with a bang!