Why does Subway smell funny?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Sir_Sidney_Ruff_Diamond, Jul 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it me or is there a certain slighly unpleasant chemical/industrial process/plasticky whiff from all Subways?

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I have visited said glorified sandwich shop on three continents and it is always there.

I think we should be told.
  2. Twelve minutes from flash to **** gag, not bad!
  3. I ate there for 6 months every lunchtime when on detached duty to an office in London and lost 2 stone!
  4. They always smell of lovely fresh baked bread when I go past. Nice.
  5. Why?
  6. Get to hospital and have your nose checked out the smell is a mixture of poor quality foodstuff, a strange substance impersonating bread, grease and what can only be described as concentrated body odour.

Tried one once and having recovered from the overpowering urge to throw up left it on the table wondering how the hell anyone could do anything so bad to food.
  7. But their bacon and egg sub in the morning is the dogs bollocks, love it!
  8. I think they're fucking vile, as well as being fuck all for the money you pay. Give me a good greasy spoon cafe any day!
  9. Thanks Praetorian, I thought I was trapped with some retards here.
  10. Subway rolls have a high sugar content - bet you didn't know that they made bread with it! :?

Attached Files:

11. Purely necessity
  12. Subway food outlets smell so nice just like London Subway system smells nice, they have another thing in common tramps p1ss in them, it gives them that subtle aroma Pong de la pish avec la methylated spirits.

13. Nope you are not alone, only had one Subway in my life and left half of that. As for the smell, they stink of too much flavouring and should be forced to keep their doors closed to keep the fetid stench trapped for their patrons who have no sense of taste, smell or dietary knowledge.
  14. I know what you mean, I think its the bread.
  15. People pee in subways...it is a known fact.