Why does PTSD still have a stigma in the Army?? Why can victims not receive correct disability??

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Richie2cs, Aug 22, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That's why he got 20%, you left the cupboard bare.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Jack bastard

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. I love mil banter have missed it the last few years. Civies just do not know how to have fun.. Some positive stuff and always some negative but that is soldiering for you. Send us to war but the war never leaves us. No not REME or RLC.... Just choose that crap 2cs to try and limit the scope for true identity___ Check on guessing so cold!!!
    Keep up the banter love this site

4. Dinger Bell 821 EOD by any chance lost legs and fingers in an IED in Afghanistan??

5. No his love spuds

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. You a Sapper? I met a few R.E blokes with PTSD from Bosnia and they were definitely left out to dry by the Army.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The same

8. How is life dinger??

9. How many years is it now since your incident?? Do you get any flashbacks in your sleep??

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

he didnt

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yes you have suffered a life changing injury which i have nothing but respect for you and the way you crack on with things, but others are allowed to have injuries too.

I have no idea what you are going through as you have no idea what this guy is going through - have some respect and support your fellow service personnel.

12. To be honest, life isn't so bad. I don't suffer PTSD, or at least I don't think so. I've had some down times, but recognised the danger symptoms and gone on to do something about it.

There's lots of help out there for both physical and mental sufferers, try and find your thing and be as positive as you can. I know that may be hard, but it's the only way ahead.

2009 I was hit, been in rehab since. Although the last three years have been shit due to surgery that hasn't gone as well as expected - not anyone's fault, just a fact of life when the surgeon has to deal with a fücked up body like mine. He got there in the end, but now I've got to go back to Headley, terribly unfit and terribly overweight, but that's my fault and I've got to face that challenge.

• Like Like x 5
  13. No flashbacks, although I do think about it often.

14. "I wasn't particularly close to my dad before he died... which was lucky, because he trod on a land mine"

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. I never said they aren't.

Where do you think I'm not supporting him? I wish to know what he thinks his injuries should be worth, it's clearly unresolved in his head, with a bit of discussion it might help.

I'm not going to do the 'there, there, now, now' especially to an ex WO1, it's patronising, he wouldn't appreciate it and it gets no one no where.

Next time why don't you wait and see how things pan out.

You don't see me jumping in with both feet!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1