Why does everyone hate army chefs?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
You said quiche hahahaha

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
That's what we gave the guys, us chefs had egg and bacon flan as real men don't eat Quiche ;)

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
That's what we gave the guys, us chefs had egg and bacon flan as real men don't eat Quiche ;)

Was it cooked using the same ingredients but given a different name?

Hahahahahaha, individual ingredients :D except for the stuff that came in boxes from the freezer like pies and pasties, burgers, sausages etc, in other words, most of the lunch menu apart from the stuff made up from breakfast leftovers :D

I was spammed with being ration storeman for a while in the early 90's, easy job but I did manage to escape it. we used to take a 4 tonner to collect fresh food every however often it was. just big lumps of dead animals loose in the back of the truck with a 'no passengers' sign on the back.
I think we once collected some veg, that could be my memory playing up.

of course the sausage rolls were mass produced, and put in a special freezer that allowed them to be half frozen, half gone off by the time you eat, sorry, throw them away on the range.
I think the fish come frozen and pre battered so nobody could recognise them.

a chef mate of mine tells me (constantly complains) these days it's all about profit for a certain company with pay as you whine. previously we just whined about it.

Chef

LE
Complaining army food and cooks is customary. The same applies to school dinners (a few years back mind); nobody is allowed to admit to liking anything a slop jockey serves up or comment favourably on their parentage, personal hygiene or niceness.

It's an old tradition, charter or something.

It's true about the fucking sausages though you greedy cunts!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Shouldn't it be entitled, what's right about Army cooks?
It be easier to answer.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Shouldn't it be entitled, what's right about Army cooks?
It be easier to answer.
And there it is, the stock answer of someone whose been grateful when a chef has fallen out of bed at dark o'clock to feed them when back off a patrol but have the neck to slag off chefs when they've had one over the eight and then blame it on the cookhouse food, not the 16 pints of "Old Bollock Snuffler" they've downed in the pub.

And there it is, the stock answer of someone whose been grateful when a chef has fallen out of bed at dark o'clock to feed them when back off a patrol but have the neck to slag off chefs when they've had one over the eight and then blame it on the cookhouse food, not the 16 pints of "Old Bollock Snuffler" they've downed in the pub.

when we had the 3 month guard shift, duty chef had to come in at night to feed us our 'lunch', and the better ones did us stuff to order, the ones who gave the bad reputations did what they felt we should eat.

Chef

LE
Joker62 I refer you to my post #24 above. I never took it to heart (very much sniff).

Nasi Goreng.

Oh, and I married an Army Chef so am not allowed to comment.
hahahahahahahaha I didn't realise he was a chef..

oh that's the funniest thing I've read in the past couple of mintues

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
when we had the 3 month guard shift, duty chef had to come in at night to feed us our 'lunch', and the better ones did us stuff to order, the ones who gave the bad reputations did what they felt we should eat.
Second tour of NI, I did a month of nights, loved it, left to my own devices. Had patrols bowling in with 20 mins notice, steaks and pork chops, fried eggs, chips, beans and grilled tomatoes ready at the hotplate all the time and no complaints. That was on top of 100 packed lunches, breakfast prep, lunch prep, butchery for the evening meal (due to a lazy fkin WRAC Cpl who spent more time on her fat arrse drinking tea than any Master Chef I knew) and managing to sneak in a couple of pints in the NAAFI :D

My last NI tour I helped the chef while I was in XMG, I did most of the spuds and the sandwiches. People who asked nicely got what they requested, cockweasels got whatever was left over.

everyone asked nicely by week 2.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
My last NI tour I helped the chef while I was in XMG, I did most of the spuds and the sandwiches. People who asked nicely got what they requested, cockweasels got whatever was left over.

With added protein?

I didn't think of that. damn.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru

I don't know why people didn't like working in the kitchens I used to enjoy it.
The good ones made it look so easy I used to help the prison chefs but only the decent ones. I never went hungry but my tunics were often curry stained.

Latest Threads