Why does an ex-RM Commando Paul Farthing feel it's important his staff should be evacuated?

1&12

LE
Thank Gawd there wasn't a cat or dog at risk at that Iranian Embassy place back in 1980 - Maggie spending all her time fending off phone calls from irate fur-biddies, Dom Dyer doing his shrill camp Commando tantrums on TV, blokes overbalanced by pet carriers falling off balconies........
And thank Gawd there were no feather-biddies to form a line in front of the Falkland penguins a couple of years later.

I have to admit that Farthing has done an unbelievable job of turning the biggest cock up since Mons, involving death, destruction and misery on a massive scale into a story purely about him.
How on earth can an apparently hysterical man with no remaining shred of a serviceman's cool, calm and collected discipline and with a strange loss of bowel control that results in their contents being excreted via his mouth achieve that?
Astounding.

The US Marines have only got to live down Charles Manson, the poor old RM have got Pen Farthing to contend with.

I've never been a fan of the description of someone as being "entitled" but I think it really does apply to this person's attitude.

or thanking the troops who actually made his evacuation possible!

Had it been me then quite apart from NOT being the petulant thundercunt he was. I would have done my damndest to get up to Brize and meet them as they landed - prefferebly having managed to blag / scrounge / otherwise organise** at least a couple of tinnys for each man has he stepped off; Wouldnt come close to paying the debt of gratitude owed - but would at least be a token.

Id certainly want to show my apprecciation.

**Assuming my own financials wouldnt support something

Edit to add NOT

Last edited:
Morning All,
Mods, please deleate if already asked.
Is there a bootie version of 'Arrse' and if so, what's the consensus of opionion on there over this debacle?

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
The plot thickens…..

so we now have Hollywood film and book deals in the mix, and the flight was paid for by a wealthy American Investor, this chap.

Anyone smell the faint sniff of a self generated crisis for money?

I've got a real bunny boiler stalking me on Twitter whom I upset - chasing me around on everything I post
Just said something about Horse Racing that should trigger her

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
Had it been me then quite apart from being the petulant thundercunt he was. I would have done my damndest to get up to Brize and meet them as they landed - prefferebly having managed to blag / scrounge / otherwise organise** at least a couple of tinnys for each man has he stepped off; Wouldnt come close to paying the debt of gratitude owed - but would at least be a token.

Id certainly want to show my apprecciation.

**Assuming my own financials wouldnt support something

Im sorry, but the latest missives from Team Pen is have written MOD out of this, it was him, and him alone, with a minor supporting role by some American troops.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
ETA, and the Taliban, it was the Taliban wot let him in, not the evil Brits.

Has anyone been on Social Media and invited certain gobshites to view this thread.
I told someone I know ( with a similar opinion) to look at it va a PM
Though with memories of the ARRSE- Mumsnet Wars I think it would get bloody

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
633 empty seats Squadron

One of our Airedales is missing

Mongrels One-Five

Donny barko
Rambo - first bloodhound.
Ridgeback mountain

Fathings fans argue that, yes, but there were no ‘spare people’ loitering around HKIA.
The numbers were limited in through the gate to enough at one time to be cleared and fill the rostered planes.

This is why the Minister was so furious, his grandstanding and distractions stopped HMG processing in people through the gate while they dealt with the dog fondlers tantrums at the gate and on the phone to the embassy staff at HKIA.
And abusing the MOD operators and Private Office staff in the MOD.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Pup fiction
Much Fido about nothing
The guns of have-a-bone

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Lassie of the summer wine.

Did you know every one of the cats and dogs he rescued was a soldiers service dog, (and cat presumably)?
He’s a proper hero he is, rescuing all those brave service animals abandoned by the cruel and heartless MOD after their service.

This is true! Mad dog fondlers told me!
Yes, I have had similar conversations and start by asking "are these dogs ones befriended by British soldiers on combat operations?" To which I get a definite yes and that these animals are vital for countering PTSD, and "you don't know the horrors these men went through". I then point out UK combat operations finished over 7 years ago - and ask if these dogs pre-date that time. Silence - apart from one silly bint stating that 'some dogs live longer than 7 years, you know'. In Afghanistan, on the street, I doubt it.

Latest Threads