Why does an ex-RM Commando Paul Farthing feel it's important his staff should be evacuated?

Bush and Blair got us into Afghanistan, no mistake, but they should have gotten us out when the so-called architect of 9-11, Bin Laudin, was found in Pakistan. They didn't. No credit to them, and you can flail their backs with a scourge to your heart's content.
Much as I hate being fair to Blair he did stop being PM about 4 years before OBL was killed so I don't think you can blame him for us not pulling out of AFG

Slime

LE
Well there was all those people waving badly photocopied sheets of paper to prove they had the right to travel at the main gate.

Point is of all those people Farthing actually didn't have to do anything never mind the feet stamping tantrums.
He would probably have been a bigger hero to his fans if he'd stayed behind to look after his pets and staff

You didn’t say if you got the point of my post :)
Surely the point was that after the UK had evacuated 10% of the 150,000 it was a bit strange for the whistleblower to mention 5%. ;)

I suspect you fully got the point, but I am just saying you didn’t mention it :)

Turns out that poor Alpaca was wrongly executed by the state mistakenly! Geronimo never had TB: Tests show slaughtered alpaca was wrongly slain Will, she gets compo for it? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there's rioting and a political movement over this! LOL!
The owner's Christmas present sorted.
41Hrs5WWTsL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Slime

LE

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Too seriously :)
He estimates that the U.K. only managed to help 5% of an estimated 150,000 people asking for help.
And, says this after the U.K. evacuated 15,000 people.
Yes, but this is how maths works now:

What percentage of 150,000 is 15,000?

METHOD - Find the common denominator.

Tip: "Denominator" is exclusive Western-orientated language that assumes whiteness and is colonialist-adjacent. Instead, find a number which both have in common.

A: 5, 1 or 0

Tip: 0 is not a number. For example, if you had 999,999 Twitter followers, but I successfully petitioned Twitter to have you banned, you would now have zero Twitter followers. Just as you would therefore not exist as a person, zero also does not exist as a number.

A: 5 or 1

Tip: 5 is a collective concept that prioritises social justice, while 1 is individualist and creates toxic masculinity. It is far preferable to use 5 rather than 1.

A: 5

WELL DONE, YOU SCORED FULL MARKS (10%)

It would make a good film if he`d driven across Afghanistan in a Bedford 4 tonner loaded with cats, dogs and some hot women, loads of gun fights , RPG`s , squashed cats etc then screaming across the Pakistan border dodging air to grounds from helo`s flown by poorly trained Taliban pilots .

If MGM are reading this I`m happy to write the script , my paypal account is at .....

They may have suffered higher losses, but that's only because from having watched them first hand during contact, they showed absolutely zero ******* common sense, training or a willingness to dodge bullets. Allah wills it has a lot to answer for and the death toll should in my opinion be balanced against the fact they didn't give a **** about death. I remember watching one of them stabbing at an IED with his knife for fucksake as he tried to dig it out and we're all shouting at him to stop it.

No-one's saying the withdraw wasn't a total ******* cluster, but I don't blame anyone other than the silly cnuts who decided to hang on to the side of a plane. All fighting aged males, loyalty non-existent and abandoning families to save their own skins. Ah yes, that's the Afghan I knew.

On a side note, all the hullabaloo over 'terps being brought back. It's worth remembering that these people weren't all some saintly angels who helped us in our time of need. Often when they were translating to the village elder or whoever's house or field you'd just fucked up, they would be clearly making their own personal demands on them. At one point we figured out that ours was in effect telling these people he was in charge and taking a percentage of the money we used to give as damage payments on the ground, after we'd turned our backs.

We only found out as we got another 'terp put in with his who was a British citizen, worked in the City and came back over to do his duty and also as it would get permission from the father of his girlfriend to marry her (also an Afghan national). He promptly burst this guy to the OC as being a dodgy bastard.

My sympathy is limited.
Mine waned after about 15 minutes. A situation has almost been creasted where 'everyone in Afghanistan seems to 'need' evacuating.

Should have put up a better fight the cowardly twats.

Oh and while they undoubtedly had casualties in spades, the numbers being doled out don't make no sense when its now widely perceived that half the ANSF was never in place.

Mine waned after about 15 minutes. A situation has almost been creasted where 'everyone in Afghanistan seems to 'need' evacuating.

Should have put up a better fight the cowardly twats.

Oh and while they undoubtedly had casualties in spades, the numbers being doled out don't make no sense when its now widely perceived that half the ANSF was never in place.

If half the payroll was made up of ghosts, the casualty rate would be even higher for the ones who did show up. (Presuming the casualty numbers are relatively reliable of course)

Just pointing out that I coined the title 'Where Beagles Dare' in this very thread. My lawyers will be keeping a beady eye on Universal Studios :)
Not the most interesting story of all time... I don't see a story about some whinging throbber and his mutts being evacced being of interest.

Will probably be so crap it will be direct to DVD/Video as if it goes to Amazon they have to pay a substantial royalty and chances are the staff will be probably starring as themselves and Pen the same, now he can add low-budget actor/director/producer to his critical acclaim.

Interesting. I wonder who Hollywood is going to make the hero of the piece as there was nothing heroic about the shameful scuttle. Rambo IIIa? :?

New Film about Afghanistan.JPG
Rambo in Afghanistan -2.jpg
Rambo in Afghanistan.jpg
Blank Looks Matter -2.png

syrup

LE
Interesting. I wonder who Hollywood is going to make the hero of the piece as there was nothing heroic about the shameful scuttle. Rambo IIIa? :?

View attachment 622087View attachment 622088View attachment 622089View attachment 622090

We were doing some training in the U.S. and got 2 days R & R in New York
It was about 2-3 hour bus run back to our camp so they put some films on one of which was the above Rambo 3.

At the end there is a touching tribute to the "Afghan Allies"

A voice came from the back of the bus "See it's your own ******* fault"

Even the Americans had a laugh

syrup

LE

Tom Hardy will have to be a chirpy Cock a knee Cpl.

Naturally the bloke making a complete arse of it all will have a cut glass British accent act like a twat throughout and be rescued by our American hero wearing an NYFD tee shirt.

Tom will throw in a few cor blimey's, luvva duck and go full on John Mills at the end thanking the Yank for saving them all

Latest Threads