Why does an ex-RM Commando Paul Farthing feel it's important his staff should be evacuated?

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
Not sure why the foreign office is getting a load of flak

From what was said on here and other outlets HMG had very little reaction time to evacuate staff due to the U.S. not informing some other Governments about what was happening.
There was an American Journalist who got out because British Military went beyond the wire to collect her and her staff while picking up British employed Afghan's.

I don't think HMG and the British Military did to bad
Some civies did pretty well during Op Pitting as well. The company I worked for was in the aero-medical field. We had one team into Kabul just before the security situation deteriorated, and then we provided in-flight medical teams for the Dubai to UK leg as part of the hub and spoke system. We were co-ordinated through AECC at Brize Norton and the FCDO ARAP people, usually military staffed. Just, we were never talked about at the time or since.

I'm just totally amazed at the 'whistleblower' being quoted chapter and verse.

A 25 year old graduate (he looks like a schoolboy),working at the FCO,given credibility ?

Assume he took a gap year, Uni at 19, Degree course 3-4 years,22-23 when he starts at the FCO, been working from home for the best part of 2 years, comes back to the office just in time for the withdrawl from Afghanistan in September. No experience of a major crisis situation, chaotic and finds out he can't cope, bins it in September,then decides to 'blow the whistle' on a situation he knows very little about !

Not sure why the foreign office is getting a load of flak

From what was said on here and other outlets HMG had very little reaction time to evacuate staff due to the U.S. not informing some other Governments about what was happening.
I think the criticism was that civil servants working at the FO were working from home because they were terrified of covid and this led to ineffeciency

Of course I should point out that I'm just repeating what I've heard on The Independent Republic Of Mike Graham. That said I do remember fluffy mammals seemed more important than two legged bald primates

A 25 year old graduate (he looks like a schoolboy),working at the FCO,given credibility ?

Assume he took a gap year, Uni at 19, Degree course 3-4 years,22-23 when he starts at the FCO, been working from home for the best part of 2 years, comes back to the office just in time for the withdrawl from Afghanistan in September. No experience of a major crisis situation, chaotic and finds out he can't cope, bins it in September,then decides to 'blow the whistle' on a situation he knows very little about !
I've worked with fast-streamers. Some are excellent but the quality is variable and, in some cases, their academic intelligence isn't a substitute for their lack of experience (or for their upper middle class attitudes, IMHO).
The bloke does look about 12 and, based on his 'report' takes himself very, very seriously.

Yeah but "Boris Grrr" and all that, so lapped up in certain quarters.

Probably a First class in Media Studies

What an UTTER Chump! He cried like a pussy, had tantrums like a baby, and now is demanding we all kowtow to him.

Fck him, the whiny little ball of cumstains.
I thinking he won't be geting an Amazon gift card in the Christmas card you will send him

Last edited:

Gone2ratshat

Old-Salt
I still cant believe muppets are repeatedly saying people couldn't go in the aircraft hold as it wouldnt be safe although it was for animals , FFS so it was safer to stay behind? , there are times when H&S is ignored .

I still cant believe muppets are repeatedly saying people couldn't go in the aircraft hold as it wouldnt be safe although it was for animals , FFS so it was safer to stay behind? , there are times when H&S is ignored .
Maybe we didn't want anymore translators needing a Pasto speaker

BA, Ancient & Modern History according to his LinkedIn, 3 year course
the lying twat, he was just annoyed he was stagging on at weekends

I thought it was established that the planes carrying the fluffy animals didn't actually have holds ?

syrup

LE

What people never seem to stay is how many seats then plane had and how many Pax where on board

Was it just Pen and his staff did he not think to say I've 40 spare seats if they are needed.

Selfish self serving Twat who wanted to play the hero

thank **** he looks like a schoolboy, I had the impression there might be some problems. everything's ok then.

If they were translators why would they need Pashto speakers?
I thought the whole point of a translator was that they would speak English.
Because large numbers of those eligible under the extended scheme weren't translators/interpreters. Many - judges and the like - would have had English language skills but by no means all.

Of those eligible under the original ARAP scheme i.e. former UK Army/MoD employees who met certain conditions, by no means all were interpreters. Ex field interpreters have rightly had most of the publicity because their job was the most hazardous, but other employees have like them been at special risk subsequently because they also worked for the infidels.

Because large numbers of those eligible under the extended scheme weren't translators/interpreters. Many - judges and the like - would have had English language skills but by no means all.

Of those eligible under the original ARAP scheme i.e. former UK Army/MoD employees who met certain conditions, by no means all were interpreters. Ex field interpreters have rightly had most of the publicity because their job was the most hazardous, but other employees have like them been at special risk subsequently because they also worked for the infidels.
No other safe countries in the world?

No other safe countries in the world?
I assume you're not applying that to former UK local staff. The US and other allies operated similar policies to what we did, with similar successes and failures, but some (albeit with smaller numbers) seem to have been quicker off the mark than we were.

I assume you're not applying that to former UK local staff. The US and other allies operated similar policies to what we did, with similar successes and failures, but some (albeit with smaller numbers) seem to have been quicker off the mark than we were.
Only UK staff. We didn't employ 150000, every chance tried their luck.
Maybe if they had fought... Just saying

Latest Threads