Why does an ex-RM Commando Paul Farthing feel it's important his staff should be evacuated?

syrup

LE
I thought he was going back

Didn't he assure the Taliban he would return McArthur style.
I'm sure I saw a tweet saying he would return to reopen his sanctuary for Mercedes G wagons Cats and Dogs

And here it is, proof as if anyone really needed it - the NOWZAD animals and staff were not at risk, their evacuation put soldiers' lives at risk, and prevented people with a real danger to their lives being evacuated. In addition, it notes that another US-led animal welfare NGO has been left to operate unmolested by the Taliban.

Damning evidence released by a whistle-blower over the evacuation in Afghanistan covers this aspect (3rd tweet down):

And here it is, proof as if anyone really needed it - the NOWZAD animals and staff were not at risk, their evacuation put soldiers' lives at risk, and prevented people with a real danger to their lives being evacuated. In addition, it notes that another US-led animal welfare NGO has been left to operate unmolested by the Taliban.

Damning evidence released by a whistle-blower over the evacuation in Afghanistan covers this aspect (3rd tweet down):

Confirmation of what most of us surmised, I think.

Just processing the bugger and his pets was always going to require resources and manpower that could've been used more constructively, though I'm sure his rather pathetic band of followers will try and argue otherwise.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Pretty sad that the PM was apparently making policy based on the views of Twitter users. Most people don't use Twitter and, of those that do, only a minority are interested in politics. Despite that, the platform has huge influence. It isn't right.

Pretty sad that the PM was apparently making policy based on the views of Twitter users. Most people don't use Twitter and, of those that do, only a minority are interested in politics. Despite that, the platform has huge influence. It isn't right.
I hope all the old ladies who adopted a Farthing dog get a feral beast which bites them. A lot.

Discussion on the FO whistleblower on the Jeremy Whine program on R2 now . Even the Sainted Jeremy is giving Penn and those who authorised his animal rescue a kicking .
Apparently , one of the criticisms is there were no pashto speakers in the MoD to take the frantic phone calls from ...translators .
We are now at the phone in stage ......

syrup

LE
Discussion on the FO whistleblower on the Jeremy Whine program on R2 now . Even the Sainted Jeremy is giving Penn and those who authorised his animal rescue a kicking .
Apparently , one of the criticisms is there were no pashto speakers in the MoD to take the frantic phone calls from ...translators .
We are now at the phone in stage ......

If they were translators why would they need Pashto speakers?
I thought the whole point of a translator was that they would speak English.

Last edited:

Gone2ratshat

War Hero
NOWZAD mentioned on BBC R2 Vine today , not in a positive way , poor Pen must be heartbroken he`s not become a national hero , maybe soon known as villain if not already.

Made me laugh though when they said only animals could go in the aircraft hold on the NOWZAD evac , FFS I`d have happily got into a dog basket rather than face a load of religious loons with AK`s.

NOWZAD mentioned on BBC R2 Vine today , not in a positive way , poor Pen must be heartbroken he`s not become a national hero , maybe soon known as villain if not already.

Made me laugh though when they said only animals could go in the aircraft hold on the NOWZAD evac , FFS I`d have happily got into a dog basket rather than face a load of religious loons with AK`s.

<Cathy Newman> so what you're saying is those fleeing Afghanistan didn't really feel their lives were in that much jeopardy though rather just fancied some of that UK milk and honey? </Cathy Newman>

For what it's worth TalkRadio has been full of guests - some of who served in the military - driving an outrage bus saying an utter bunch of oxygen thieves the Foreign Office and Pen Farthing are

syrup

LE
For what it's worth TalkRadio has been full of guests - some of who served in the military - driving an outrage bus saying an utter bunch of oxygen thieves the Foreign Office and Pen Farthing are

Not sure why the foreign office is getting a load of flak

From what was said on here and other outlets HMG had very little reaction time to evacuate staff due to the U.S. not informing some other Governments about what was happening.
There was an American Journalist who got out because British Military went beyond the wire to collect her and her staff while picking up British employed Afghan's.

I don't think HMG and the British Military did to bad

Latest Threads