Why does an ex-RM Commando Paul Farthing feel it's important his staff should be evacuated?

Missed opportunity there - could have rescued some Afghani fish.
He just needs to tell his adoring fans that he tried but HMG stopped him, and the donations will surge.

No sign of @Ted-tutcher today?

malecheerleader.jpg

Shame.

chimera

LE
Pining for legal counsel.

Fancy the Charity Commissioners following up on a complaint? I'm shocked.
",,,Nowzad reported an income of almost £1 million last year..."

That's about £6500 per animal rescued. That's a lot of dog food.
And that is in addition to the £200K raised by cat and dog botherers and the free use of a private charter to fly him and a few of his flea bags out of Kabul. And don't forget the re-homing fees for each pet sol to some mug in the UK or USA.

A taste of some of the social media comments (from their FB site)
what a coincidence that this was announced after Boris and Joe Bide met in America. This is to deflect the AMAZING work that Pen did in spite of The RAF and MOD blocking him and achieving what useless Ben Wallace couldn't do. MI6, BBC and 77th Brigade at there worst.

I wish I could see Boris's briefing notes for his meeting with Biden:

1. How to neutralise Lord Pen of Kabul. We suggest MI6 wet work.
2. Anne Sacoolis - just pay the family loads of money.
3. Trans Atlantic flights for old people.
4. How to f$ck about the French even more.
5. (if time permits): Trade agreement, China, Iran, Afghanistan

Last edited:
“Nowzad, which reported income of close to £1m last year, told the BBC: "The trustees are wholly confident that Nowzad's life-saving work in incredibly difficult circumstances was both the right and only thing to do and was absolutely in furtherance of the charity's purpose."

“He is also considering expanding his charity's work abroad, in countries he deems safer than Afghanistan, though he does not rule out a return to Kabul if conditions one day improve.”

And there ladies and gentlemen we have it. As I have said from the outset, charities are great in principle until the greed sets in and there is no way stakeholders want the gravy train to stop.

Of course “expanding work abroad” and “not ruling out a return to Kabul” are a sure way to keep revenue coming in and keeping Mr Farthing in the lifestyle he is now accustomed to.

This interesting development may not go well for Mr Farthing and in time he may regret not keeping his head down and taking the course of action he did in relation to the evacuation process after which he could have continued his ‘charity work/income’ in other theatres.

Something tells me he will have something to say about it with extra finger pointing, his ego and dare I say, Narcissism, would appear to not allow him to do anything else.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
Fancy the Charity Commissioners following up on a complaint? I'm shocked.

Well, such vast sums of money flowed into Nowzads coffers, you worked think that the animals lived in a modern purpose build animal sanctuary in sybaritic luxury in Kabul.

Sometimes, the pictures don't sell the 'best' story'. His sanctuary looks like some mad dog ladies house and back garden - he seems to use a lot of locally scrounged scrap for the facilities, certainly nothing like purpose build cages and facilities.

Mind you, £200k armoured M Wagons, jetting around the world and all expenses paid adventure holiday breaks to America, (fundraising apparently), don't come cheap.

Chef

LE
I am confused, every day charity ads on the TV tell me that the peoples of the third world live on a couple of dollars a day. Not starve to death, but live on that, it's a hard life to be sure but achievable.

Mr Farthing has an income of £1,000,000pa seems to support the local economy by scrounging scrap to build his shelters and presumably pays his staff the going local rates.

Even allowing for @PhotEx's extra costs. Where's the rest go?

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
I am confused, every day charity ads on the TV tell me that the peoples of the third world live on a couple of dollars a day. Not starve to death, but live on that, it's a hard life to be sure but achievable.

Mr Farthing has an income of £1,000,000pa seems to support the local economy by scrounging scrap to build his shelters and presumably pays his staff the going local rates.

Even allowing for @PhotEx's extra costs. Where's the rest go?

Look! Its a hard life being a heroic animal rescuer!

That luxury lifestyle away from the heart string gripping pictures from Kabul wont pay for itself!

Chef

LE
The right hand photo looks more patronising than Bono and Geldof combined.

Things were going so well until he brought in an industry expert.

Attachments

• ratbag.jpg
    ratbag.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 6
Well, such vast sums of money flowed into Nowzads coffers, you worked think that the animals lived in a modern purpose build animal sanctuary in sybaritic luxury in Kabul.

Sometimes, the pictures don't sell the 'best' story'. His sanctuary looks like some mad dog ladies house and back garden - he seems to use a lot of locally scrounged scrap for the facilities, certainly nothing like purpose build cages and facilities.

I think that what is coyly referred to as 'vernacular style'.

Latest Threads