Why does an ex-RM Commando Paul Farthing feel it's important his staff should be evacuated?

The CEOs of Save The Children and Cancer Research don't send ranting tweets to Govt officials threatening to sort them out if their staff aren't whisked out of a country that they could've left a week before if someone hadn't had a hissy fit about some scabby dogs!
Indeed they don’t. But your original complaint was that Farthing wasn’t looking after the dogs. If the source of your ire is that Farthing was rude to a bunch of SPADs, then so be it.

The CEOs of Save The Children and Cancer Research don't send ranting tweets to Govt officials threatening to sort them out if their staff aren't whisked out of a country that they could've left a week before if someone hadn't had a hissy fit about some scabby dogs!
Nor did he discourage his supporters not to ring or email the MOD and Ops at RAF Brize Norton and hurl abuse at staff who were rather busy evacuating 15,000 people (not pets) from Kabul.

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Indeed they don’t. But your original complaint was that Farthing wasn’t looking after the dogs. If the source of your ire is that Farthing was rude to a bunch of SPADs, then so be it.
Part of my ire is due to the fact that he wouldn't leave Afg without the dogs and his staff and first chance he gets, he gets on a plane with the dogs, no staff and as soon as it lands, he buggers off to Norway and leaves the dogs, that he cares for more than he does his staff it seems by the way he just left them, to be looked after by others. The twat doesn't even live in the UK these days so why couldn't they have been taken to Norway where his home is?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Farthing seems to be about the sum total of his worth!

But as you well know, abuse was hurled at other officials and RAF personnel as well. So that's ok, is it?
So beyond the recording of Farthing getting shirty with a SPAD, I don’t know that ‘abuse was hurled at other officials and RAF personnel’ nor have I suggested anywhere that it would be acceptable for him to do so.

It’s entirely your prerogative to dislike the man and what he’s done, as it is mine to feel differently. For what little it’s worth, I’ve no skin in the game. I was last in Afghanistan over 10 years ago and have been out for 5 now. It is what it is.

RaiderBoat

War Hero
So beyond the recording of Farthing getting shirty with a SPAD, I don’t know that ‘abuse was hurled at other officials and RAF personnel’ nor have I suggested anywhere that it would be acceptable for him to do so.

It’s entirely your prerogative to dislike the man and what he’s done, as it is mine to feel differently. For what little it’s worth, I’ve no skin in the game. I was last in Afghanistan over 10 years ago and have been out for 5 now. It is what it is.
You being an Epic Fail?

Would it shock you to hear that the CEO of Save the Children doesn’t actually spend all day saving children, or that the CEO of Cancer Research doesn’t spend any time actually researching cancer?

Sorry if this is akin to telling a child that Father Christmas isn’t real.
So who is looking after them?

I do hope some of them make it onto the breakfast TV circuit with tales of how they watched their glorious leader drive off into the sunset, sobbing...
With his 22 year pension, did you know he was in the RM....for 22 years?

Latest Threads