Why does an ex-RM Commando Paul Farthing feel it's important his staff should be evacuated?

That’s a substantial extra chunk of training at substantial cost They’re not remotely part of the answer to the UK vet shortage that Farthing is implying.

As it stands they’re unemployable as vets in the UK.

I get they're unemployable.

A year to skill up to be a vet sounds trivial to me. 5 year course, they're 80% there already it sounds like. Perhaps it's the hamsters and guinea pigs bit they are missing.

I get they're unemployable.

A year to skill up to be a vet sounds trivial to me. 5 year course, they're 80% there already it sounds like. Perhaps it's the hamsters and guinea pigs bit they are missing.
It’s knowledge of the pharma and procedures that UK vets use and carry out routinely and that they never will have in Afghanistan. It’s good for the RCVS and BVA to offer the financial support but it’s not a ‘trivial’ cost.

At least these refugees will be working, and less of a drain on resources, which is a positive.
When they get Leave to Remain. Then housing benefit, working tax credit and at least Child benefit, maybe the kids will have 'problems, so will get more benefits. Oh and paid for interpreters, NHS and school places etc

23 total posts measured against 112 pages of comment says different.

Yet here you are once again...

monkey.gif

Latest Threads