Why does America have bases everywhere?

It doesn't improve their national security,it probably reduces it as Muslims view them as occupiers.There is never a war in Europe and a war with Russia would be impossible anyway.Why do they spend all that money?

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Yeah, you can't move around Fairford for Muslims protesting about the US Air Force presence. "Filthy occupiers of the Muslim Caliphate of the Cotswolds", that's what they chant.

The US is a global power - in fact, the global power - and maintains bases where it needs them to enable it to project power across the world, which is a clearly articulated element of their national security strategy. Very sensibly, their preferred option is to fight their wars in other people's countries and I can't fault that logic.

It doesn't improve their national security,it probably reduces it as Muslims view them as occupiers.There is never a war in Europe and a war with Russia would be impossible anyway.Why do they spend all that money?
They protect sea lanes, deter strategic enemies, provide a visual declaration of support for their allies, allow SIGINT monitoring and spreads broken-brained extremist Christianity across the world.

Last edited:
They protect sea lanes, deters strategic enemies, provides a visual declaration of support for their allies, allows SIGINT monitoring and spreads broken-brained extremist Christianity across the world.
Allelujah! And Praise the Lord!!!

Yeah, you can't move around Fairford for Muslims protesting about the US Air Force presence. "Filthy occupiers of the Muslim Caliphate of the Cotswolds", that's what they chant.
Well, if the Muslims did turn it would be interesting to see them interact with 'Dykes against drones' or whoever protests there these days.

The US is a global power - in fact, the global power - and maintains bases where it needs them to enable it to project power across the world, which is a clearly articulated element of their national security strategy. Very sensibly, their preferred option is to fight their wars in other people's countries and I can't fault that logic.
How does that improve their national security?Doing a regime change in Iraq or Lybia,does that make US citizens safer?I don't think it's for national security.

Bases are somewhere for the occupation troops to sleep.

I think we should expand our presence on Diego Garcia, after all it is ours and what a posting that would be.....

There was a war going on in Europe until this morning and I wouldn't put my rent money on the ceasefire holding that long. Before that the last one only finished 15 years ago (if you don't include Chechnya as Europe).
So are NATO troops going to fight Russia?I don't think so,of course I mean a war inside Europe.Is the Ukraine and Russia fighting caused by Russia,or did America upset Russia by wanting to get a former USSR nation?
If you mean the war on Kosovo,how did that benefit American citizens?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
So are NATO troops going to fight Russia?
How the f*ck would I know?

of course I mean a war inside Europe
Ukraine is in Europe.

did America upset Russia by wanting to get a former USSR nation?
How did America (I assume you mean the USA, since I doubt Paraguay or Costa Rica have little to do with this) try and get a former USSR nation?

If you mean the war on Kosovo,how did that benefit American citizens?
Who said it did?