Why do we need vitamins ???

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by jeckston, Oct 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Vitamins are substances that your body needs to grow and develop normally. There are 13 vitamins your body needs. They are vitamins A, C, D, E, K and the B vitamins (thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin, vitamin B-6, vitamin B-12 and folate). You can usually get all your vitamins from the foods you eat. Your body can also make vitamins D and K. People who eat a vegetarian diet may need to take a vitamin B12 supplement.

Each vitamin has specific jobs. If you have low levels of certain vitamins, you may develop a deficiency disease. For example, if you don’t get enough vitamin D, you could develop rickets. Some vitamins may help prevent medical problems. Vitamin A prevents night blindness.
    Unlock your inner chef and discover the key to PERMANENT WEIGHT LOSS THE GOURMET DIET PLAN is the ultimate weight loss journey for food lovers.
    We are offering the 2 books at 75% off.
    The Gourmet Diet Plan and Recipe Book
  2. Lots of "I" and then "we" in there. Are you a pschyzo?!?!
  3. Look on the bright side. You can get your GP to sign you off sick and you need never work again. All the time in the world to drink White Lighting, batter your missus and kids before procreating with them.

4. Thanks for sharing Jeckston. I'm sure that everyone feels suitably reassured that if they should find themselves in a potentially panic inducing situation such as, oh I don't know, being shot at by a bunch of rapidly closing psychotic Pashtuns, they can just "remove themselves from the situation". :roll:
  5. There was a power cut yesterday whilt I was in a lift going up to the 16th floor of our office building in Ho Chi Minh city. The lift went into free-fall for a few seconds before the arresters cut in. So there were two of us stuck in the lift, which was creaking and juddering as the power supply cycled. Had I been panicking, telling myself that I could simply walk out of the situation, would have evoked the response "f ucking Liar" from the younger part of me that was panicking when the lift doors failed to open in response to frenzied pressing of the door button.

I remarked to my fellow victim at the time that all would be well as we were in a "Schindlers Lift". Being Vietnamese he responded by saying "Khong Biet". So my attempt at humour was wasted
  6. Try giving the part of you that is terrified a large gin and tonic, a Camel filter and an ice cream. Usually works.
  7. I take it that incitement to desert/mutiny is still a punishable crime?
  8. Now that is good advice... whats the time now?.... Ah yes, the sun is over the yardthing... fu ck the ice cream and the Camel.... EM Oi! (WAITER!)
  9. To the people with their well meaning banter, remember people can suffer from panic attacks because of something they've witnessed/experienced in service :)

Although if people who are interested in non-med ways of managing panic attacks are reading this, a lot of studies (including RCTs which have shown it can help hypertension etc) recommend a thing called Mindfulness & I know people who work within the NHS which use this routinely with clients (just in case it sounds like snake oil)... It's basically meditation techniques without the psychobabble and the guy who has gained it so much attention is called Jon Kabbat-Zim.

You'll probably find torrents etc, of the MP3s of the tapes if you search around.

Hopefully you read this before the police come around that Blue/GreenJob has just phoned, anyway :)
  11. Best way i've seen of sorting out panic attacks is to remove the subject by "clenched digit induced lower mandible trauma", a lad I worked with had quite impressive attacks whenever he saw a container ship (Poor little sod had been on the Atlantic Conveyor) and the olny way to calm him down was to apply the aforementioned therapy....
  12. Cod psychology is no substitute for electroconvulsive therapy in the treatment of panic attacks and anxiety, although I would caution the afflicted against trying it at home.
  13. This really is a bizarre first post. Any particular reason for imparting your pearls of wisdom on us?