Why do we hate the Spanish or the Dutch less than the French?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bushmills, Aug 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Recent threads have got me wondering......

2. Because the Spanish are just sad bastards, the Dutch are boring bastards, but the French are annoying bastards.

HTH

KTHXBAI.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Why do we hate the Spanish or the Dutch less than the French? 1066? Exocet mssiles? Inherited memory of thrashing the bastards from Pondicherry to Waterloo? Or maybe because every time you see a Frenchman you want to kick him until he stops twitching

• Like Like x 1
  4. Reportedly outside Singapore naval base in the 60s

Enemies of the Royal Navy:
    1. The French.
    2: War Office (MoD).
    3: Enemy of the day.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cheese eating,frog crippling, surrendering, twats that reek of onions and garlic.
    In fact the only thing the cunts won't eat are Clorets breath freshners.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Because the French have the only bit of land that the British wouldn't mind owning.

Good skiing
    Some nice sunny bits
    Rather nice vineyards
    Lots of room

If we could lose the French people, France would be quite a nice place for us Brits to have our winter / summer retreats.
    But no, they squat there and sing o la la, and pretend that their food is better and smell the place up.
    Not as bad as India though, we tried to civilize the place, but the natives just treated it like a toilet. Very much like a toilet.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Dutch prostitutes don't waste a drop. What's the problem?

8. Always found Dutch birds in Australia to be pig ignorant domineering boring roots.

Apparently a lot of the Dutch in Australia are the offspring of Nazi collaborators sent here by the allies after the war for their own safety.

Therefore, it may not be fair to judge the entire nation based upon the drop kick Dutch that the yanks inflicted on Australia after the war.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

9. I'm not convinced about the post op ones!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Why do we hate the Spanish or the Dutch less than the French?

Tradition, mainly.

11. Apparently SS officers were a gang of social climbing, semi literate, par venu chavs, bit like the RAF, so my answer is probably the Dutch Army/ Resistance.
    http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/554074.Soldiers_of_Evil

12. Parvenu - now there's a word you don't hear very often nowadays.

(And my post wasn't meant to be terribly serious. I like the Cloggies and a lot of them showed true bravery during the war and gratitude afterwards).

13. I know, nor were my comments about the crabs, either.

• Like Like x 1