Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Why do they continue to tolerate this loser?

jonwilly said:
Prescott, Strong links with Old Labour who Hate Blur more then most Arrse's do. (Myself excepted)
He has been the 'contact' man who can help keep the Old Guard happy with Tonys wanderings.
John
Oh and I don't doubt for one second that he must have some serious sh1t on Dear Leader, who will gratefully Create Lord Prezza of a Couple of Shags in his resignation Oners List.

You have the reason [if not justification] for Prezza's existence.

Remember, Dear Reader, that Bliar is not Labour - he's an opportunist left-wing Tory. Bliar needs Prezza to persuade the Red Left [who have NOT converted to Bliar-ism!] that, "hey, I recognise your views as well ....". Look at the faces and profiles of the Govt Benches - they're full of Old Red Labour, just itching to get to play with the trainset when Bliar's control slips.

God Help Britain [or at least, the bit that's faintly controlled by Westminster].

Isn't it more that when Prescott goes, there will be an election for the Labour deputy leader's job - which means an orgy of shit-stirring as every faction in the party comes out to play circular firing squad.

Escape-from-PPRuNe said:
Isn't it more that when Prescott goes, there will be an election for the Labour deputy leader's job - which means an orgy of s***-stirring as every faction in the party comes out to play circular firing squad.

Circular Firing Squad gets my vote - shame we've had to wait for 9 years of non-Government to get one! :wink: Who [or what] survives the in-fighting will be Boy Dave's big challenge.

Seadog said:
A bit of fine tuning required methinks

Prescott is a 'p!ss pot juggler', the term of maximum abuse for a poor ship's steward, which Prescott was before he became more of a shop steward and p!ssed off the management even more.

I hear that Boris Johnson and Nicholas Soames goad Prescott in Parliament with continual requests; "ah, steward, G&T there's a good chap".

This is not a slur on all stewards so please don't dick my coffee cup!

Soames is frequently heard to request " Giovani, Giovanni, G and T" across the house. Muzzleflash has it right though, what have we done to deserve this bolshie git?

Since we know Prescott is leaving next Year, perhaps it would be more constrructive to have a pop at those proposing to stand.

Personally I think that Benn the Younger is the best of a bad bunch

Private_Pike said:
Seadog said:
A bit of fine tuning required methinks

Prescott is a 'p!ss pot juggler', the term of maximum abuse for a poor ship's steward, which Prescott was before he became more of a shop steward and p!ssed off the management even more.

I hear that Boris Johnson and Nicholas Soames goad Prescott in Parliament with continual requests; "ah, steward, G&T there's a good chap".

This is not a slur on all stewards so please don't dick my coffee cup!

Soames is frequently heard to request " Giovani, Giovanni, G and T" across the house. Muzzleflash has it right though, what have we done to deserve this bolshie git?

We know the answer, of course. YOU don't deserve him! The cnuts of Grimsby voted for him, and Bliar uses him.

Bloody democracy :x . People shouldn't be allowed to vote unless they can write their name in English - "X" makes it too easy, and is confused with their signatures anyway :twisted:

I'm sure the cnuts of Grimsby didn't vote for him, unless there's some weird yellow-belly conspiracy to subvert Yorkshire politics. His constituency is in Hull.

Cnuts or not, the people of Grimsby voted for Austin Mitchell.

Boris Johnson said of the "Hunting with Dogs" bill that Tony Blair needed some red meat to throw to the backbenchers. John Prescott is that red meat.

Escape-from-PPRuNe said:
I'm sure the cnuts of Grimsby didn't vote for him, unless there's some weird yellow-belly conspiracy to subvert Yorkshire politics. His constituency is in Hull.

Cnuts or not, the people of Grimsby voted for Austin Mitchell.

Sorry - always was weak on geography north of Harrow-on-the-Hill :lol:

And why do all these Northern places start with vowels; Uddersfield, Allifax, West Artlepool, even Arrogate? And of course Ullll. :lol:

[spelling edits innit]

For the time being it's less bother for Neu Arbeit to keep 2 jags were he is. Once the dour scot takes over expect prezza to be banished to back benches on a permanent basis.

Sven said:
Since we know Prescott is leaving next Year, perhaps it would be more constrructive to have a pop at those proposing to stand.

Personally I think that Benn the Younger is the best of a bad bunch

Prezza replaces Mandy in Brussels? .. or goes to the UN? .. or the Lesser-Lords? AAAAAAAARGH :x

The lesser-Benn has at least got a brain, and a hint of principle, but would a newly-resurgent Labour Party let him?

Hilary's election campain has been going on for years.
Minister for giving away taxpayers hard end money to every trendy left wing cause.
No mistake in giving him this job. Earned all the brownei points nessassary to be Nue Labours Golden Boy.
john
Yes papa did his homework.