Why do the British Army iron there uniform??

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by aughintober88, Oct 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. it a historical answer im lookin for
  2. Wah. That said, women iron - soldiers press.
  3. Can I be the first to say......Waaaaaaaaaah
  4. The state of my boots usually ensured enough of a b*llocking before the rest was noticed
  5. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

But if not - th' Army presses its Uniform!

So they don't look like a bunch of scruffy, ill-disciplined Johhny Foreigners.
  6. Uniforms are for dying in, not ironing.
  7. But why die in a uniform with no creases looking like a bag of shit when you can go out in style with boots shining and creases you can shave with. Ahh I love the smell of starch in the morning
  8. Because it'll save your life one day.

As will marching up and down the Parade Square, getting a nice gloss on your boots, being able to perform origami on a blanket, etc, etc,
  9. Its to kill the lice in the creases
  10. Been out 19 years now, still catch myself trying to press pleats in my daughters' school uniform blouses...

It's a skill that stays with your for life! :D
  11. ok then press their uniform!!!
  12. They can survive dry-cleaning? Tough little beggars, aren't they?
  13. I still do all my own kit, takes me long enough to put 1 crease in my shirt and trousers, christ knows how long it takes her to put the half a dozen in when she has a go. :x and I have been out a while now
  14. If the British Army didn't press their uniforms they'd look like fish-heads.
  15. Or even septics :puker: