Why do the British Army iron there uniform??

aughintober88 said:
it a historical answer im lookin for
Wah. That said, women iron - soldiers press.

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

But if not - th' Army presses its Uniform!

So they don't look like a bunch of scruffy, ill-disciplined Johhny Foreigners.

sneeky_turd said:
Uniforms are for dying in, not ironing.
But why die in a uniform with no creases looking like a bag of shit when you can go out in style with boots shining and creases you can shave with. Ahh I love the smell of starch in the morning

Because it'll save your life one day.

As will marching up and down the Parade Square, getting a nice gloss on your boots, being able to perform origami on a blanket, etc, etc,

Been out 19 years now, still catch myself trying to press pleats in my daughters' school uniform blouses...

It's a skill that stays with your for life! :D

Grey_Mafia65 said:
Been out 19 years now, still catch myself trying to press pleats in my daughters' school uniform blouses...

I still do all my own kit, takes me long enough to put 1 crease in my shirt and trousers, christ knows how long it takes her to put the half a dozen in when she has a go. :x and I have been out a while now

cloudbuster said:
If the British Army didn't press their uniforms they'd look like fish-heads.
Or even septics :puker:

It does look smarter if the kit's pressed, doesn't it? Although it can get out of hand. In the days of shirts, itchy, I used to get attached to some units as a CMT and you'd get two creases ironed down the back (sometimes sewn in), horizontal creases in between and all manner of strange and wonderful geometric permutations. I remember that the Jock units used to be the worstist for it, although they never picked us up for having no creases at all in our shirts.

MsG

re-stilly said:
Grey_Mafia65 said:

I still do all my own kit, takes me long enough to put 1 crease in my shirt and trousers, christ knows how long it takes her to put the half a dozen in when she has a go. :x and I have been out a while now
Been out 20 years but "pressed" me lad's cadet uniform the other day, some new fangled easy iron material (having said that I didn't half wash it, jam it in a bag still half wet, whilst getting p*ssed over the road at the Big Ben in Osnatrazz!!)

Latest Threads