Why do scum do these things.....

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by tuffy52, Nov 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why oh why does society behave with such total disrespect towards people who don't deserve it,all they seem to want to do is denegrate the memory or the physical wellbeing of people who do nothing but their job.We are all aware of the Charlie Gilmour's of this world and the Poppy Burning Brigade,now we have FIFA banning England players from wearing poppies and the possibility of the Rememberance Sunday parade being disrupted by anti capatilists,and on top of all that we have this,,,,

Jailed: Brick-attack thug who

I happen to know what happened in this case and the fact that he was a member of the armed forces did play a part.
    Then we have this group of bitches,,,,

Help for Heroes fraudsters conned £45,000 from public with bogus collections | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk

I am not jumping on the outrage bus,I am just dismayed,but it is not only the Forces who are treated in this fashion either,,,,

Police arrest man after 10 bronze Remembrance plaques stolen from Blackley Cemetery | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk

All this in one local rag on the same day..........
    • Like Like x 1
  2. You're falling into a gloom. Go for a brisk walk, ogle some girls, and sign up to rattle a tin for charity.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. It's called human nature, it's hardly new or suprise.
  4. I think you need some sex and/or a nice cup of tea and some biscuits.
  5. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

I don't think it's about turning your back and ignoring what's going on. We've entered a very gloomy time where people are more likely to commit crime as a result of a number of issues, depression, poverty - the list goes on. The point is, there's nothing much we can do about it. It's being felt on a global scale.

But instead of adopting the "we're all doomed" stance, I think what people are trying to say is be positive. And instead of reading local rags (especially from Manchester), try turning your attention to Meridian's lady thread instead - that should at least raise a smile (or something else too if you're under 60)

Chin up!
  6. No, but rather than lamenting the state of affairs like an ululating widow, go out and do some tiny little thing to make it a tiny little bit better. Go fetch an old dear's shopping for her, or read books at the bedsides of people expiring alone and unloved, or burn Liverpool to the ground.

Tiny little lights in the darkness like that can make the world a better place.
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Ah, you can't beat a thoroughly depressing thread. Its ace to wallow in all this misery. Worry not though, it will all end in 2012...at least thats what even more depressed doom sayers say.

I blame immigrants and McDonalds. Oh and boiled eggs at BBQs
  8. Thanks Dave,,I feel much better now,,so if my wife/daughter/granddaughters/sisters ever get attacked I shall feel calmer knowing that there are no scum just 'people in unfortunate circumstances' and it is not their fault that they are scum it is the fault of others.........

You really are CMD aren't you?,,because you respond just like him....
  9. Of course there is yet another conspiracy theory that claims Governments worldwide like to keep the populus mentally depressed,so making it easier to handle the great unwashed.Therefore the almost constant dripping of bad news contributes to the effectiveness of the strategy.
  10. I already do these things (except the Liverpool thingy,I will leave that to the Scousers).
  11. I will provide the tea,,Lapsang souchong/Chai or Earl Grey?,,oh and bikkies and buns,,but you provide the sex,,**** ******* is my choice....
  12. Seems to be you are being a bit over-sensitive. Things like this happen all the time, its not necessarily against soldiers. I would bet that the guy who threw the brick was drunk and was just having a go as many people do every weekend in the UK. Although you do say you have knowledge that this was against the armed forces....do tell.

The bogus collectors who conned 45,000 saw and easy way to make money....they saw that some people give money purely because they wish to help soldiers and they took advantage of it.

The thievery of the bronze plaques....again, not necessarily against soldiers, but an easy way for thieves to make money.

Welcome to New Labours Britain.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. There's apparently medical evidence that people who are depressed actually have a better grasp of what's going on, so I imagine that's the last thing any government would want.
  14. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

I'm glad you're feeling better.