Why do regs hate their lifestyle ?

I've been in the t.a for a while now and after visiting a regular camp last year, I got talking to a fair few regulars. Very decent bunch of boys and girls and not anything like I imagined. Never heard the word "STAB" once, lol. I've been thinking of joining the regs after my tour and started asking questions on what it's really like.

90% of them said it's ******* shit and they can't wait to get out. They would rather be in the t.a anyday.
Is this because of the fact that once you sign up there's no getting out of it for the next 4 years, or because... behind the scenes it really is shit ?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using ARRSE mobile app

A2_Matelot

LE
Book Reviewer
You didn't say what cap badge they were, where they were at it all makes a difference but one thing is common to all three Services, they love to moan about how crap life is inside - without generally ever having experienced it outside and all think the grass is greener, particularly at the start and end of their careers.

Most people I serve with accept its a lot harder now than ever before but in general it is what it is and its a decent job with a decent wage and it does give you opportunities that civvy life doesn't, in general. Having done it the other way I know being a Reserve isn't a fun either and then there's balancing a civvy job with that.

I wouldn't place a lot of store in what you found from a small sample of a very large population.

Tad of an ambiguous question.......could be manifold reasons; location, role, OC. or the simple fact they're a bunch of bleating twats...............only saying like!

Tad of an ambiguous question.......could be manifold reasons; location, role, OC. or the simple fact they're a bunch of bleating twats...............only saying like!
For sure, there could be a lot of given reasons from different people and, yes, they could just be whingers. Just wondered if there were any common themes to the complaints but acknowledge that even if so, it could still just be baseless moaning.

A, There's a very handy thing in the Army these days, aptly named JPA followed by a section for signing off.

B, Many Squaddies will always Moan & Groan (very common) and will say it's shiote even if they were in Heaven.

c, Along with the current ongoing Reduncancy Tranches morale for the affected will either be positive, negative or other.

D, In general regs don't hate their lifestyle at all as it's a commonly misleading to Non-regs, if it were really that bad then they'd refer to point A and stick to it....Simples.

The cap badge was rlc and it was Abingdon. I havnt been anywhere else so that's why I asked people in the forums.

Is this generally a shit camp ?

As I don't know the difference
That goes a long way towards explaining it.
Or maybe they just didn't like you and were trying to put you off.
Oh, and Abingdon is shit

The cap badge was rlc and it was Abingdon. I havnt been anywhere else so that's why I asked people in the forums.

Is this generally a shit camp ?

As I don't know the difference
Ah! Haven't been since the RAF were in, 1981 for a cross country race. It was boggy, flat and miserable. Has it changed much?

P

PrinceAlbert

I've been in the t.a for a while now and I've been thinking of joining the regs after my tour and started asking questions on what it's really like.

90% of them said it's ******* shit
They realised within 4 minutes of meeting you that were a STAB bellend, and within 24hrs confirmed their suspicions about you being a gash soldier.

They were telling you it was shit hoping that it would put you off joining them as a proper soldier.

P

PrinceAlbert

Cancel my last ref "proper soldier" as I've just read your comment about them being RLC.

If you're a useless fat mong of a STAB part time fukwit, you'll fit right in. Make the jump across.

Monday morning muster parades, stood about like twats for ages.

5 o'clock finish every Friday (i heard it finally changed).

Picking up filthy fag butts.

Block inspection after block inspection on run down accomodation for the fun of it.

NIG's mouthing off at even fresher NIG's as loud as possible.

Being treat like mong's.

******* stupid stable parade's and ECI check after check.

What's not to love about being a regular?

Go for it fella, Abingdon's the Corp role model.