Why do RAF Flight Sergeants think they are the same rank as a WO2

Grips my shit this does, and i see it regularly.

a RAF Flt Sgt is an OR-7, so why on earth do they think they are the same as an Army WO2???????

Does their QR's say something different?

*******!

Maybe it comes from the fact that (in certain trades) it goes Sergeant - Chief Tech - FS - WO, which would seem similar to Sgt - Staff Sergeant - WO2 - WO1?

Definately equal to Staff/Colour Sergeant though, the RAF doesn't have a WO2 equivalent.

Had this issue once in the Sgts Mess in Mount Pleasant FI. "You're only an Army Staff Sergeant!"

The discussion ended with one poorly flight sergeant searching the carpet for his recently ejected dental bridge, they all have one, it's a sort of crumple zone built in for when they try this on!

Never forget service seniority! Although, for any skates who may be able to read this, for your info, King Alfred already had an Army before he formed a Navy. He simply marched some of them aboard.

Or does anyone really believe that an Anglo Saxon King simply wandered about the country in the dark ages with a big shiny crown on his head completely on his jack jones?

A Warrant Officer is by an Act of Parliament issued a Warrant (hence the term), and no one can take that away other than Parliament. A Flight Sergeant is just that, now I know I'm in another country but our military traditions/customs/rank structure is still the same. Any one who begs to differ is an out and out ****** and doesn't know how the rank structure works, and probably has an inferiority complex. I think remedial recruit training is in order.

QR (Army) 2/4-1

Staff Corporal
Staff Sergeant
Colour Sergeant, RM

is an equal rank to

Flight Sergeant(4)
Chief Technician(4)

i have also in the past had an RAF SAC claim to be the equivelent rank to a L/CPL when in reality he is a PTE equivelent.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
what's that meant to mean?
He probably means that the OP (i.e. you) is a complete ******* tool for trying to re-open a discussion which has been done to death on ARRSE several times.

Had this issue once in the Sgts Mess in Mount Pleasant FI. "You're only an Army Staff Sergeant!"

The discussion ended with one poorly flight sergeant searching the carpet for his recently ejected dental bridge, they all have one, it's a sort of crumple zone built in for when they try this on!

Never forget service seniority! Although, for any skates who may be able to read this, for your info, King Alfred already had an Army before he formed a Navy. He simply marched some of them aboard.

Or does anyone really believe that an Anglo Saxon King simply wandered about the country in the dark ages with a big shiny crown on his head completely on his jack jones?
You are Uthtred of Bebbanburg, and I claim my £10.:viking:

He probably means that the OP (i.e. you) is a complete ******* tool for trying to re-open a discussion which has been done to death on ARRSE several times.
the only complete fuckin tool is you Auld Yin, as you are old (and nearly dead, thank ****) you probably didn't realise that i'm new'ish on here, so how the **** am I meant to know it's been discussed previously, now **** off you decrepit stinkin jock twat. Thanks

Of course he did. Evidence of exactly that has been found.

Attachments

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
the only complete fuckin tool is you Auld Yin, as you are old (and nearly dead, thank ****) you probably didn't realise that i'm new'ish on here, so how the **** am I meant to know it's been discussed previously, now **** off you decrepit stinkin jock twat. Thanks
Try using the SEARCH function - or is that simple task beyond the younger elements of ARRSE? Obviously you need us coffin dodgers to show you the way, otherwise, as has been aptly demonstrated by your good self, you are ******* useless.

Have a nice day! Time for my Horlicks.

Charming. Reasoned arguement gives way to personal abuse. I suppose it never crossed your mind to say that you didn't know about the search function and (perhaps this is too far) thank Auld Yin for pointing it out.

Sorry guys, i didn't even know that a search function was on here, just tried it, and it works.

I am the complete fuckin tool (until knock off time):nod:

Whilst working at JARIC in the late 80's I had the misfortune to have to deal with a pig ignorant RAF flight sgt who had delusions of grandeur. At one point I walked off during a "conversation" with him - the only alternative would have been to punch him. I mentioned it to my boss who said something along the lines of "Oh not HIM again!". IIRC the boss had words and told the Flight Sgt to stop annoying his army NCOs.

All of his RAF juniors thought he was a dick as well! The rest of the RAF lads (sncos included) were OK, well for crabs anyway.

MInd you, the RAF Station WO (RSM equivalent) was also a dick. He had a go at me for being unshaven and wearing mixed dress while walking around camp - he shut up when it was pointed out that not only was I on leave at the time, but that a green Helly Hanson jacket and a pair of Ron Hill trousers were not issue kit...

Crabs...FFS don't get me started...

Rodney2q