Why do people Walt

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by re-stilly, Sep 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry if this has been done before, but I am intrigued to know the possibilties of why people Walt.

I mean what is the point, you will get found out and when you are you will look a big f ucking idiot or am I being to naive in my thinking.
  2. They want to star in my acclaimed Videos...
  3. Because they want respect, and are unable to earn it
  4. Wiki say his name was Walt Elias Disney
  5. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

6. Just wikki Walter Mitty and it says it all
  7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I could answer that question, but then I'd have to kill you. The actual definition of a 'Walt' is a state secret, access to which is barred to yourself due to the fact that you are not one of '*****'.
  8. This thread has the stench of the hole around it.
  9. I do it because the ladies love a man in uniform, it impresses old codgers in the pub and I like to feel superior to others.
  10. I don't have to. I was on the balcony waaaaaay before the first man.

Those windows were filthy.
  11. They also take the belt & braces approach:

both pixilating & gaffer-taping photos. :D

As the baron was 'eard to say:
    "The 'orror.. The 'orror!"

something maybe missing here.... :?

are here it is...

A well & truly dropped "H"
    as in The 'orrible noble gallowsarse...
  12. Read the Band of Brothers quote from Henry V, that should give you a clue. Part of it is an attempt to overcome the frustration that one has never really *Done* something with one's life that attracts a certain kind or degree of respect for having *Been There*, coupled to a bit of the "I could have been a contender ... not my fault I didn't have the opportunity"

Of course for others, it's a chance for a scam of some form or another (entry in desirable parts of society, events, etc)

For some of us, though, it's simply the chance to cadge a few free beers ...
  13. Met a ta walt, making 50 grand a year out of walting, thinking of taking it up, I was once in the catering corp, and cooked with gordon ramsey etc, walting could be fun, going to be an ex train driver tomorrow, then a security guard next week, walting is fun
  14. I would as long as I could get away with the sh1te spelling you posess, and I'm a thick ED :wink:
  15. Walting is a mental illness, they should be cared for by ex walts