why do people get paid on differnt days in cyprus

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by johnomissus, Jan 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is really pissing me off every month its guess when u will get paid some friends got paid on friday some got paid today and i think i will get paid tommorow i need beer :S

2. And now perhaps you could say what you want in english?

3. Just work on the principle last working day of the month. If you get paid earlier then it's a bonus.

4. I would imagine that the pay for Cyprus is transferred to the main clearing bank in Cyprus and then they pass it on to the other Cypiac ? banks. They proberbly credit it to accounts when they receive the money rather than the day due. Always remember the Stadtsparkasse in BAOR would give squaddies advances once they had seen their pay statements.

5. From what I can remember from my days on the island the clearing bank used is the Hellenic which used to credit pay to accounts as soon as received wheras it took some time to get to accounts with the Popular Bank. As at_ease says best to work on the last day of the month principle - or open an account with the Hellenic!!

6. J_D

J_D LE

Pay day for civvies is usually the 25th of each month in Cyprus. Thats the average, may not mean anything but I hope this helps?

7. Here in Akrotiri it is because the crabs are so few overseas (bless them) they are paid the old fasioned way, with the pay office sending a cheque to each of the banks with a list of payments for each person. This differs from the Army method where APC send the payments to the Command Cashier who then releases the funds to the banks.

All this means is the Crabs get paid ealier than the Army, this month, they where paid on Friday and we were paid on the Monday.