• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Why do no other units have a tatoo of their capbadges?

One of the troopers I knew (not a mate) had what he thought was an authentic Blues & royals cap badge tattooed on his arm in gun metal brown.
What it actually looked like was a runny chocolate ring doughnut. I have also seen NCO's have their rank tattooed just before they got bust in a "they won't take these fuggers off me " kind of way. :D

It’s so that if you are found in the gutter a little tired and emotional they know which guard room to drop you off at.

Must make it a little difficult if you are captured to say “but I’m only at cook”.

offog said:
It’s so that if you are found in the gutter a little tired and emotional they know which guard room to drop you off at.

Must make it a little difficult if you are captured to say “but I’m only at cook”.
They would be able to tell you weren't a cook when they got you to make them some scoff and didn't burn it (that and the fact that you had just parachuted amongst them armed to the teeth with not a ladle in sight)

call_me_jack said:
offog said:

They would be able to tell you weren't a cook when they got you to make them some scoff and didn't burn it (that and the fact that you had just parachuted amongst them armed to the teeth with not a ladle in sight)
lol

Only the paras and marines need to be constently reminded who they belong to. The rest of us can remember our regements/corps with out one.

Having said that I do have a tiger tattoo.

Did once see someone wearing a sleeveless top in mic macs in Bergen in 1991 with a red jerboa and underneath emblazoned the legend
Dessert Rats....must have been a German tattoist or perhaps he was a slopjockey and it was an scoff related irony that was lost on me...

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
knuckle_dragger said:
Did once see someone wearing a sleeveless top in mic macs in Bergen in 1991 with a red jerboa and underneath emblazoned the legend
Dessert Rats....must have been a German tattoist or perhaps he was a slopjockey and it was an scoff related irony that was lost on me...
I have a vague memory of that being featured in Soldier Mag just after Op Granby

Latest Threads