Why do no other units have a tatoo of their capbadges?

#2
What are you waffling about?
 
#5
suzywong said:
Or am I wrong but it only seems that marines and paras do this..... Comments would be nice...... Many Thanks
Maybe its because you have only seen naked marines and paras.
 
#7
it's got to be said that having a big RLC capbadge tattooed on yer arse isn't exactly going to turn you into a sex god overnight....
 
#8
Does that mean if your regiment get amalgamated, you gotta have a new one?
 
#11
I read about this in 'Gulag'.

Some prisoners would have penises tattooed on their cheeks to look like they were administering fellatio.

Nice!
 
#13
One of the troopers I knew (not a mate) had what he thought was an authentic Blues & royals cap badge tattooed on his arm in gun metal brown.
What it actually looked like was a runny chocolate ring doughnut. I have also seen NCO's have their rank tattooed just before they got bust in a "they won't take these fuggers off me " kind of way. :D
 
#14
It’s so that if you are found in the gutter a little tired and emotional they know which guard room to drop you off at.

Must make it a little difficult if you are captured to say “but I’m only at cook”.
 
#15
offog said:
It’s so that if you are found in the gutter a little tired and emotional they know which guard room to drop you off at.

Must make it a little difficult if you are captured to say “but I’m only at cook”.
They would be able to tell you weren't a cook when they got you to make them some scoff and didn't burn it (that and the fact that you had just parachuted amongst them armed to the teeth with not a ladle in sight)
 
#16
call_me_jack said:
offog said:
It’s so that if you are found in the gutter a little tired and emotional they know which guard room to drop you off at.

Must make it a little difficult if you are captured to say “but I’m only at cook”.
They would be able to tell you weren't a cook when they got you to make them some scoff and didn't burn it (that and the fact that you had just parachuted amongst them armed to the teeth with not a ladle in sight)
lol
 
#17
Only the paras and marines need to be constently reminded who they belong to. The rest of us can remember our regements/corps with out one.

Having said that I do have a tiger tattoo.
 

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
#18
I can picture the looks of admiration you would get strutting around on the beach proudly displaying the AGC Capbadge
 
#19
Did once see someone wearing a sleeveless top in mic macs in Bergen in 1991 with a red jerboa and underneath emblazoned the legend
Dessert Rats....must have been a German tattoist or perhaps he was a slopjockey and it was an scoff related irony that was lost on me...
 

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
#20
knuckle_dragger said:
Did once see someone wearing a sleeveless top in mic macs in Bergen in 1991 with a red jerboa and underneath emblazoned the legend
Dessert Rats....must have been a German tattoist or perhaps he was a slopjockey and it was an scoff related irony that was lost on me...
I have a vague memory of that being featured in Soldier Mag just after Op Granby
 

Similar threads


New Posts

Latest Threads

Top