Why do MODs bin threads just because he doesnt like them?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by dangerousdave, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why bin a thread just because you don't like it, when there is plenty of people adding to a debate and posting? If it's not relevent to the forum posted, why not move it into the Intel forum or the Naffi, and NOT the Arrse Hole! :x

Isn't is also rude not to bother sending a PM to explain why you have binned it?!

What's the point of this forum if you cannot engage in debate and have the right to freedom of speech? Unless the MODs live in China now or something?

:roll:

2. This is a privately owned website therefore freedom of speech does not apply here, now sod off.

3. hear hear :frustrated:

4. That does't explain why MODS are overzealous sometimes and selective in what threads they let run and those they bin :roll:

5. its surprises me that the ian huntley thread got binned, but the EDL clashes is allowed to run? :?

6. You are mistaking Freedom of Speech with Right of Publication, Freedom of speech is exactly that, speech. What you are demanding is the right to have your thoughts published here unmoderated, clearly an unacceptable demand.

7. fair point

8. Fair point. I of course don't expect un-moderated forums. The thread wasn't abusive really, but the thread on the EDL Bolton clashes is full of abuse etc and is still allowed to run. I don't get that? Seems more personal selection of threads by a MOD beacause he doesn't like it, but likes others, and that's a bit wrong :)

9. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Read the rules about outrage threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.