Why do I have to be "that guy"...?

First night in Correlejo, had my maiden dip in the pool... The good lady asks, "hows the temperature?"

Not wishing to put her off, I says "yeah not bad".

In the lift on way back up to our room she looks down and looks back up and says, "you know how I know the pool is cold?"

Does this site have a button mushroom emoji :hmm:

Is it a nudist colony? Naked in the lift?

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Is it a nudist colony? Naked in the lift?

Sadly not, although there are one or two hotties sunbathing in the nip on the beach.

I think it's more a case of the swimming shorts becoming very, erm, figure-hugging when you emerge from the pool...

But then at €2 a beer I doubt I'll care for long :thumright:

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Didn't go all inclusive? Cheapskate.

Not on this occasion since we have the car and not staying local.

We've gone "ultra" all-inclusive for Paphos in Nov though, since the hotel is right in the centre of the action.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Re inflight evacuations: halfway across DRC from Kinshasa to Bukavu, in the Mission Chiefs HS-125, after having spent about four days in meetings and as many nights in a pub about 3floors downstairs from a Kinshasa Pizza joint getting outside a considerable amount of Primus and ‘house’ vodka, the rumbles within became quite urgent … the HS-125’s dunny is at the back and does not really seal airtight, and the other ambulant cargo were counting the minutes to Bukavu. I felt pretty good, considering …

View attachment 648179
Aviation-related turdery in the dark continent? A mere bagatelle, dear chap.

Loan service in Sierra Leone, heading up country on a"Diamond Airlines" Ukrainian-crewed Mi8 from Freetown. Halfway there my tum started doing flipflops and knowing that yet another dose of projectile dungery was on its way I started clenching my cheeks like a nervous virgin on Man Love Wednesday. Twenty minutes later the chopper lands in some out of the way hovel, and I leap out, peg it to the edge of the LZ, drop kecks and squirt away. Sadly I'd taken little notice of my surroundings; apparently the Paramount Chief didn't take kindly to me crapping all over his backyard (the PC being village local boss man who is more powerful up country in his locality). I think the stench of my liquefied faeces actually improved the general odour of the place, however I was alone in this opinion. Luckily I had a change of trop trousers with me...

Three days later I was back at the LZ for pick up with a couple of other Brits, on boarding the same Mi8 the Uke crewman took one look at me and made me sit on an upturned beer crate instead of one of the seats. Apparently I'd seeped silage onto the seat on the way out, and he'd had to clean it up. My two compatriots on learning this obviously were models of discretion and tact, and told absolutely everyone about my arse based diplomacy.

Aviation-related turdery in the dark continent? A mere bagatelle, dear chap.

Loan service in Sierra Leone, .... I leap out, peg it to the edge of the LZ, drop kecks and squirt away. Sadly I'd taken little notice of my surroundings; apparently the Paramount Chief didn't take kindly to me crapping all over his backyard (the PC being village local boss man who is more powerful up country in his locality). I think the stench of my liquefied faeces actually improved the general odour of the place, however I was alone in this opinion. Luckily I had a change of trop trousers with me...
I fertilised many parts of Namibia in a manner not too dissimilar a while back. I blamed the Windhoek beer, but nobody believed me.

Latest Threads