Why do foreigners get so excited about things?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by TBGB, Sep 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Environment/10243956.html
    [/quote]“My office is in Al Quasis. I was so scared. All the 28 people working in our office ran out of the building," said one worker.

I felt this tremor. Thought sombody had dropped a killer fart or something. It would explain the people crying. But alas no, it was just an aftershock from Iran. I don't understand why this would move people to tears!

At some point in recent history did somebody dish out some hypersensitivity which means bursting into tears at the slightest provocation? If so where was I?

I find it hard enough trying to run a business when everybody is claiming it's in the Koran to knock off early if you're fasting. Now I have to compete with forces of nature. FFS
  2. I'm gutted. Let's have a poem.
  3. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Look, I told you on another thread that this is common in a man your age. You can get treatment you know.
  4. Never quite understood that expression. It's always the bottom lip that gets all quivvery, (fuck knows if that's how you spell it). :?
  5. I have to say that some foreigners are not quite so excitable.

It is quite impressive to see the Chileans barely raise an eyebrow when you are in the middle of a pretty large earthquake (Richter scale = 6.2).

I was in an earthquake in Shrewsbury, and you would have thought the Red Army were here with all the squeals etc.

6. After the quake there were aftershock tremors,
    there were no dead,
    but the people still fled,
    'cos all arabs are hermers.

Is that my coat??
  7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Time to get out and play my guitar,
    and sing a dirge about bad luck
    There's been a tiny quake in Qatar
    Actually, I don't give a fcuk!
  8. When you've ruled the world there isn't much that excites one anymore.
  9. Sorry to be a pedant, but that should read:

"When one has ruled the world there isn't much that excites one any more."

Not that I'm getting excited about it.
  10. I quite agree I was having lunch with an ex-Gdsm both of us were wearing brogues and blazers (as befits an Englishman in these climes) and neither of us raised an eywbrow. All of the locally dressed individuals ran about tearing their hair out and crying as though someone had raped their mothers (it wasn't me honest).

Perhaps sartorial elegance is a defining factor in resolve and stiff upper lippedness.
  11. Dish Dash Cut a dash
    As you dash
    From your trembling building
    But full of Vim
    You look a quim
    Trying to run in Flip Flops.

RIP to all who were excited by this terrible Tragedy.

"Your Flame burned brightest at Night"

Edited to beat sweary mary.

Since when has Quim been a swearword?

Be calling the pope a cunt next.
  12. How can that be true in these days of shell suited mongs? When was the last time that any of the following were common on our streets:

Grey flannels;
    Hats such as bowler as opposed to baseball;
    Rolled brolly.
  13. Ah you see I am not on "our" streets as you say. I decided to move to a country where there are decent laws which they enforce. Also I don't have to pay tax to support these fat mongs who keep on spawning knife happy little chavs.

Quite happily destroying the environment paying 8 quid a tank of fuel for my own person greenhouse gas machine.

I will return to Albion, once it is over run by chavs et al. However it will be in order to wipe them off the face of the earth in some kind of free fire zone. (haven't quite worked out the finer points of this plan) Perhaps we could form some kind of IVth reich cleansing squad.
  14. ah the chain!
    newports finest :D
  15. Can I use some black nasty to stick some flowers to a lamp-post?