Why do ARRSErs self destruct?

Posted using an anonymous account because I'm a cowardly cünt.

We've all seen it happen before, a user with encouraging and witty banter has a fantastic run on a few threads, and then one day falls into a heap and becomes emotional and claims victimhood. It's painful to watch and yet there's a morbid curiosity in doing so as it provides a warning to those who are not up to the task of consistently providing successful banter and entertaining dits.

I'm not going to tag any users in this because there's too many to count, you only have to look through recent NAAFI/hole threads to see the carnage that the internet can do to one man.

My question is - why? Low self esteem? Drink? Turps? Whatever the reason it has claimed many ARRSE users since '02.

Discuss.

And yes, before anyone says it, I am the anomaly of being both a c0ck and a cünt. Carry on.

We've all seen it happen before, a user with encouraging and witty banter has a fantastic run on a few threads, and then one day falls into a heap and becomes emotional and claims victimhood. It's painful to watch and yet there's a morbid curiosity in doing so as it provides a warning to those who are not up to the task of consistently providing successful banter and entertaining dits.

I'm not going to tag any users in this because there's too many to count, you only have to look through recent NAAFI/hole threads to see the carnage that the internet can do to one man.

My question is - why? Low self esteem? Drink? Turps? Whatever the reason it has claimed many ARRSE users since '02.

Discuss.

And yes, before anyone says it, I am the anomaly of being both a c0ck and a cünt. Carry on.
Because some cunt always puts "Discuss" in a post when they start a thread.

Well I find it mildly entertaining watching throbbers meltdown live on ARRSE, a bit like reality TV minus the video. The best bit is when the Big Boys gang up on them, rather than just fucking logging out and reading the DT Online while they hunt for another victim, they pathetically hang on to the end until the implosion of tears and snottograms to the Mods.

Last edited:

Discuss is a really stupid thing to post because it means you're a w*anker.

Sorry, proper answer.

I have no idea what makes them go all crazy. I tend to turn the lappy off and watch some old crap on the telly or try and flick elastic bands at next door's cat or something if I sense that someone's going to have a meltdown.

Unless it's really funny and they deserve it.

Hope this helps.

Dale T.

TheresaMay

ADC
DirtyBAT
Interesting topic.

Thing is - ARRSE started with a few serving types who found a common place on the net to swap dits and call each other cunts without too much bother from the thought police.

It attracted other serving types and ex-serving types and grew in popularity.

Inevitably, it starts to attract fat wasters who spent their lives thinking about walking past a careers office, of which the closest they've ever been to serving was getting booted out of the ACF for trying it on with a minor, and civvies who have an axe to grind with squaddies - along with social misfits who have no real life friends and have the platform to share their opinions and sole voice of reason with the rest of us - whether we like it or not.

So what happens? A hidden forum is created for those original types who wish to chew the fat like they once did long before the throbbers turned up and turned the NAAFI into utter dross with their recycled news stories, fixed that for you, made oi larf, walt, shed, BBQ, eggs comments etc.

Occasionally one of the decent crowd will chip in with a worthwhile thread, which is eventually closed down by tedious arguing between someone who is left wing and hates the Army, and someone who is right wing and hates his own mum. No surprise the regulars think "what's the fucking point" and stick to their hidden forum, occasionally appearing to bait one of the said throbbers into oblivion.

So what does that leave us? Ciggie threads, and threads about who's the biggest cunt, who's the most tedious poster etc, who's the fittest ginger, brunette (note to self: do we need a blonde thread?) and a load of dross with unremarkable lives, and an excess of alcohol and time on their hands.

Only solution really - if the regs and ex-regs get posting some worthwhile and funny threads, I'll do my best to zap the bottom feeders.

Or B - I can crawl back under my rock...

(...waits for Spaz to post that 'didn't read' Darth Vader GIF)

I blame their pathetic military careers.

Normally consisting of postings in Germany.
Nah, can't be that otherwise I'd be drizzling to the mods and having emotional episodes all over the place.

Mind you my pathetic Germany based "career" was a right hoot until those Balkanese types ruined a damned good piss up.

Nah, can't be that otherwise I'd be drizzling to the mods and having emotional episodes all over the place.

Mind you my pathetic Germany based "career" was a right hoot until those Balkanese types ruined a damned good piss up.
No body ever drank in the Balkans.

Slack drills and to much personal information and suddenly realising that all those people who liked your post or rated it funny are not really your best friend. The emotional cunts.

Interesting topic.

Thing is - ARRSE started with a few serving types who found a common place on the net to swap dits and call each other ***** without too much bother from the thought police.

It attracted other serving types and ex-serving types and grew in popularity.

Inevitably, it starts to attract fat wasters who spent their lives thinking about walking past a careers office, of which the closest they've ever been to serving was getting booted out of the ACF for trying it on with a minor, and civvies who have an axe to grind with squaddies - along with social misfits who have no real life friends and have the platform to share their opinions and sole voice of reason with the rest of us - whether we like it or not.

So what happens? A hidden forum is created for those original types who wish to chew the fat like they once did long before the throbbers turned up and turned the NAAFI into utter dross with their recycled news stories, fixed that for you, made oi larf, walt, shed, BBQ, eggs comments etc.

Occasionally one of the decent crowd will chip in with a worthwhile thread, which is eventually closed down by tedious arguing between someone who is left wing and hates the Army, and someone who is right wing and hates his own mum. No surprise the regulars think "what's the ******* point" and stick to their hidden forum, occasionally appearing to bait one of the said throbbers into oblivion.

So what does that leave us? Ciggie threads, and threads about who's the biggest ****, who's the most tedious poster etc, who's the fittest ginger, brunette (note to self: do we need a blonde thread?) and a load of dross with unremarkable lives, and an excess of alcohol and time on their hands.

Only solution really - if the regs and ex-regs get posting some worthwhile and funny threads, I'll do my best to zap the bottom feeders.

Or B - I can crawl back under my rock...

(...waits for Spaz to post that 'didn't read' Darth Vader GIF)
Top notch post.

Discuss.

Bugsy walt