Why discriminate against beards??

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by KinkyAfro, May 5, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm ever-so sorry to be to passionate but my beard is my be-all and end-all, without my beard I'm nuffink, I'm I alone in feeling this way, or is it my neanderthal tendancies kicking in?
  2. Your're a troglodyte
  3. KinkyAfro..Do you ever find you get bits of sperm stuck in your beard?
  4. Must admit since i left the forces, i am supporting some face fuzz, as i am just to bone idle to shave, and it annoys the hell out of the misses, as she reckons it chaffs the inner thighs, so not a total loss
  5. Why discriminate against beards??

MMMMmmm let me think

1) Because they are gay, and it makes you look like a semi pro n*sher !

2) You get more food caught up in a Beard than a dustbin at MacDonalds.

3) Because to keep it looking like you are a fully working member of the human race you have to do more pruning and cutting than an OAP at the Chelsea flower show.

4) The Navy are alowed to grow them.

5) Makes you look older ...uncle albert on only fools and horses was only 35 years old !

6) Last but not least......Noel Edmonds...need I say more !!
  6. Dave Lee Travis.
  7. What exactly are you hiding?! :twisted:
  8. his chin :lol:
  9. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Am I wrong or are Pioneer Sergeants permitted to wear a beard in the Army? I think they are the only people.
  10. "it's fun to stay at the Y.M.C.A.."....etc etc

Brian Blessed....Jesus....Cat weasle...Stig of the dump.....'nuff said
  11. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

''The Bearded Pioneer Sergeant

The Battalion Pioneer Sergeant wears a beard, the only bearded member of the Australian Army, following the 4 RAR tradition. This tradition sprang from a suggestion by the then Governor-General, Lord De L'Isle, when presenting the 4 RAR Colours in 1966.

Just did a quick google, the is was the first semi relevant hit, and as the aussie military is kinda close to the British, maybe I am right and it also applies here?
  12. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

13. Prior to the Zulu wars soldiers were allowed to have beards, however, the Zulus had never seen facial hair quite like the British Soldiers used to sport (big and bushy) and used to remove the jaws of dead British Soldiers as trophies.

So the Big boys upstairs decided that to stop the bodies of our dead being mutilated like this, beards would be banned.

That comes from the chappie who conducts battlefield tours to Roukes Drift and Isandlwana.

Ever wondered why we stopped using drummer boys? Its because of what the Zulus used to do to those poor buggers!!
  14. Pioneers were excused shaving because of the endless tasks that they faced in supporting a campaigning army in the field. Tradition is still there but the right to grow a full set in peacetime is now only held by the Pnr Sgt.
  15. Beards are permitted for medical reasons i.e scarring,skin conditions that preclude shaving,being an ugly cnut .they may also be permitted for religious reasons (Sikhs,Muslims,ZZ Top fans)