WHY DID YOU JOIN UP?

Basicly as the topic says on the tin. Why did you join the british army? (might be better suited to NAAFI but thought i would start here)

How else could I earn obscene amounts of money for doing very little with only a slack handfull of GCSE's?

I only went out for a paper and a pint of milk, then woke up in Combats! still haven't got the milk.

Oakley said:
Basicly as the topic says on the tin. Why did you join the british army? (might be better suited to NAFFI but thought i would start here)
I wanted to learn how to spell NAAFI properly

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
uselesswaster said:
Obscene amounts of money, your kidding right. The pay in the army is shite, obviously didn't get GCSE maths!!
What planet are you on? The pay is NOT as bad as you seem to think. What about the 'perks' that you don't pay for....?

Free work clothes
Free Dental treatment
Free Prescriptions
Subsidised housing/SLA
Inexpensive meals (Don't start on about PAYD - that's on a different thread)
Excellent (non-contributory) pension
Travel (and not just on Op Tours)
Discounts with lots of firms ( http://www.forcesdiscounts-mod.co.uk/ )
Adventurous Training

and so the list goes on...

Legs said:
uselesswaster said:
Obscene amounts of money, your kidding right. The pay in the army is shite, obviously didn't get GCSE maths!!
What planet are you on? The pay is NOT as bad as you seem to think. What about the 'perks' that you don't pay for....?

Free work clothes
Free Dental treatment
Free Prescriptions
Subsidised housing/SLA
Inexpensive meals (Don't start on about PAYD - that's on a different thread)
Excellent (non-contributory) pension
Travel (and not just on Op Tours)
Discounts with lots of firms ( http://www.forcesdiscounts-mod.co.uk/ )
Adventurous Training

and so the list goes on...
Free batteries!

T

taric

joined para regt cuz i woz fick and its the only place you get paid for a lil' bit of buggery thuggery theft and rape !!!!!

I call thirty-ish grand for a 26 year old with only GCSE's for qualifications obscene, especially since I do very little for it most of the time!

Left (was asked to leave) school aged 15 in 1970, was advised my career choices were either join up or look forwards to picking up bars of soap for Mugsy in Strangeways Hotel.

Had to think long and hard about it :oops:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
3 The NAAFI Bar 75
MOANING_BARSTEWARD The NAAFI Bar 305
polar69 Army Reserve 39