Why did you choose?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by gaijin, Nov 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I see a lot of people on here who are looking for info about various regiments/corps or jobs. I also see a lot of advice that guides them in other directions.
    I chose my (TA) outfit because it was a) local b) interesting and c) because I had friends already serving there.
    Why did you choose your regiment/corps and was where you ended up what you had originally thought that you wanted to do?

This is a question for both TA and regular but I wasn't sure where else to post it.

2. family history in my regt,

friends there

fosters £1 a can, Shorts £1 a shot

3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

[joke] Combat and Combat Support arms sounded dangerous. Blanket stacking less so. [/joke]

4. my ssm at bovy told me I could fly helos if i joined the lancers,funny enough i spent 7 years flying

5. It was closest to my house. But I'm glad I did choose this one over the other one now.

6. The information leaflet that I was given at the careers office, showed some bloke with a can of coke hanging out of his kidney pouch! I just couldn't resist that level of professionalism! I suppose there was some thought about gaining suitable qualifications for when I got out, but this really was secondary.

7. My mate was paid £5 for every potential recruit he brought along to the open night, plus it was free drinks for those who turned up. My mate got his fiver and I had a good few beers, I guess I must have signed on at some point too, even though it was 30 miles away!

8. it was the closest unit to where i lived..

9. Nearest TA to where I lived that would accept an "Older recruit"

10. Local Inf Bn had shit rep & shit role so no brainer really joined the one umpty miles away

11. Hi to all

I got put on a job with my brother painting the TAC that i joined not too long after.

zeds

12. I am very limited to what Is on offer for me so did not really have a choice, If there where other units open to me I would move, but I would rather serve there then not serve at all

13. I joined because I hate Danish tour guides, and have my own shovel.

14. Joined the local one cos too lazy to drive to Glasgow...still there,still having fun,still drinking far too much, :)

15. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Joined RLC unit as it was my former cap badge and got my class 1 and ADR ticket off them which was nice as it got me agency work after I was laid off last year keeping the wolves from the door 8)