Why Did You Choose Your Job(s)?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Smiler_1985, Jul 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What made you choose your Regiment/Corps?

For me I chose HCAV because I love tanks n horses (only way il ever be able to learn to ride without bankrupcy haha). Plus RE recruiting was full so wayhey. Just thought this might be a good way to get everyone talking bout their options and motives etc. Since 90% of us are doing the med docs thumb twiddling ;)
  2. I wanted to shoot people in the face.
  3. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

And Bayonet them !!!
  4. Often!
  5. I had to take my second choice of cap badge because the SS was dispanded 60 odd years ago.
  6. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

You stalking me missie?? :wink:
  7. You should be so lucky Pararegtom - you know what Tatty told me!!!!
  8. I was directed at NS selection. Brig on panle asked how tall I was. 6'4". Did I like dogs/ Yes. Military Police then he grunted. Highly scientific.
  9. Because sup specs had the fastest promotion, got all the best postings like hong kong, got to go on adventure training all the time, worked with loads of good looking women and were envied by the rest of the army.

Or so my recruiter said.
  10. Brother told me tanks because he was in them - t*sser

Recruit Sgt was a RAC man - t*sser

Both told me of a life of excitment, adventure, driving big tracked things and shooting big guns blah blah.

After a few years of stagging on in BAOR, umpteen first parades, areas etc etc etc

Transferred to a more hands on unit.

Before any of you RAC lads lay into me, it wasnt my cup o tea but suits some people. I still hate my brother. :)

Thank fcuk for that.