Why Defend the UK?

#41
The UK needs a good Malleting and then some.
We have sold our Country our ways & means lock stock to the other Enlgish speaking countries in the West. Irish themed pubs USA style eateries.

Supermarkets have turned a glass bottle of milk into a carton. Due to icy roads farmers destroy milk that cannot be collected :?
Bread is mass produced, Greggs is shoite it really is.
Meat well we always did import from South America. Granted Aberdeen Angus is still nice to taste but how the fcuk did Kobe beef get here :?

At least Irn Bru still outsells coke.

I drove around in freezing fog today and all I thought of was Tonga.
With 400 tons of salt to deice a city like Glasgow who is to recieve the above mallet :x
 
#42
tearsbeforebedtime said:
I'm still chuckling at the notion that the british education system has much to be proud of.
I think he said Higher Education. If you look at the various international rankings, we've a higher proportion of our HEIs in the world's top 200 than any other nation on Earth.

They are, to a large and ever increasing extent, subsidised by international student fees (the taxpayer won't pay for them on his own, after all) and keep their profiles thanks to overseas academics and research staff bringing international funding with them, but they are still British.
 
#43
left_handed_sailor said:
Reasons to be positive about the UK:

- Our craftsmen are the finest in the world - we are teh "Rolls-Royce" standard
- We have the finest automotive engineers in the world - Formula 1 home is in Oxfordshire and Northamptonshire
- We are respected as an elder statesman of diplomacy, our influence reaches across the world
- Our comedy shows are the envy of the world
- We have organisations like the RNLI - 3,500 people around the UK who will drop everything 24/7 to rescue complete strangers
- Our military training establishments are the envy of the world
- We've got a good Olympic Swimming and Cycling team!
As an ex RNLI crewman the bold bit is one that I can fully agree with.
No matter the time of day or day of the week, when the pager goes off you drop everything and leg it.
 
#44
I remember a book I was reading a few years ago, may've been a Bill Bryson, where the author said something like:

"The British, as a people, are at their happiest when complaining. Be it about neighbours, politicians or even just the weather. They are also positively gleeful when faced with disaster. When the old Parliament at the Palace of Westminster burned down in 1834, a crowd gathered on Thames Bank and cheered.

Most Brits react to a terrorist attack or natural disaster by heading to the nearest pub to eagerly await further developments."

I had to laugh at how true that is.
 
#45
Britain is now past redemption. There is no hope with mass immigration and the current scum on the streets. They are the winners. It will only get worse as time goes by. Who really believes that 50 years from now Britain will be a better place? We will be overrun with immigrants and asylum seekers, law and order will be in chaos and millions more will be on benefits as machinery continuous to take over jobs that manual labour used to do.
 
#46
Why dont all you moaning whingeing twats. just fcuk off .this is still the best country in the world,and always will be!
 
#48
Well, usual complaints, usual suspects.


First, if we're going to kick out all the immigrants let's be fair and kick out more Australians and Irish than others - because there are more of them coming in than any other.

As for Pro Patria Mori, I thought Owen had put that one to bed 100 years ago. Oh, and wasn't his best mate an immigrant?
 
#50
Fallschirmjager said:
Australians and Irish generally adopt our customs and are christian. As far as i'm concerned fcuk the muslims.
fally, do us a favour and stop sitting on the fence!
 
#51
Fallschirmjager said:
Australians and Irish generally adopt our customs and are christian. As far as i'm concerned fcuk the muslims.

Oh, that's why you're a bigot FSJ. You're scared of a few funny customs and a foreign God. I'll bet there a good few more good Irish christians fiddling with kids and fucking up their lives than muslim ones.


Incidentally, which of our customs are indigenous to the UK?
 
#52
Whet said:
Fallschirmjager said:
Australians and Irish generally adopt our customs and are christian. As far as i'm concerned fcuk the muslims.

Oh, that's why you're a bigot FSJ. You're scared of a few funny customs and a foreign God. I'll bet there a good few more good Irish christians fiddling with kids and fucking up their lives than muslim ones.


Incidentally, which of our customs are indigenous to the UK?
whet, i agree.

i'm irish and have adopted no such customs. i still have a donkey in my backyard, i tarmac drives and me brother is currently having a bar-brawl with me' cousin
 
#53
no seriously...what really fecks me off is why it seems acceptable to be blantly racist to us oirish but as soon as you make a paki joke you have SO19 eready to kick in your door...i've not got a problem with the banter or the craic, but why is it perceived as 'acceptable' to mock white christians but not brown muslims? even the Gypos get afforded special status and are up there on the outrageometer when a misplaced comment is made??
 
#54
Danny_Dravot said:
Whet said:
Fallschirmjager said:
Australians and Irish generally adopt our customs and are christian. As far as i'm concerned fcuk the muslims.

Oh, that's why you're a bigot FSJ. You're scared of a few funny customs and a foreign God. I'll bet there a good few more good Irish christians fiddling with kids and fucking up their lives than muslim ones.


Incidentally, which of our customs are indigenous to the UK?
whet, i agree.

i'm irish and have adopted no such customs. i still have a donkey in my backyard, i tarmac drives and me brother is currently having a bar-brawl with me' cousin

and Baroness Warsi wears a burka :roll:
 
#55
Whet said:
Fallschirmjager said:
Australians and Irish generally adopt our customs and are christian. As far as i'm concerned fcuk the muslims.

Oh, that's why you're a bigot FSJ. You're scared of a few funny customs and a foreign God. I'll bet there a good few more good Irish christians fiddling with kids and fucking up their lives than muslim ones.


Incidentally, which of our customs are indigenous to the UK?
At the end of the day I don't particularly like muslims. I don't like mass immigration and I don't like christian kiddie fiddlers. If that makes me a bigot then i'm happy as larry.
 
#56
parapauk said:
BPS666 said:
Come on then Para, give us one good thing about modern Britain that we as a nation can all call our own and take collective pride in. Every last man jack of us. I defy you to do it
I'm afraid that you'll never find anything everyone likes as people are different, but I would say three good ones are:

First class scientific research

The arts

Higher education

Well....We MUST have a sense of humour FFS. :)
 
#57
Danny_Dravot said:
no seriously...what really fecks me off is why it seems acceptable to be blantly racist to us oirish but as soon as you make a paki joke you have SO19 eready to kick in your door...i've not got a problem with the banter or the craic, but why is it perceived as 'acceptable' to mock white christians but not brown muslims? even the Gypos get afforded special status and are up there on the outrageometer when a misplaced comment is made??
What, like this "Knackers B'stards"?? 8O
 
#58
Fallschirmjager said:
Australians and Irish generally adopt our customs.
Scounging off the dole, littering the streets, whining because other people are taking the jobs the locals'd never dream of getting off their arrses to do... that sort of thing? :D

I can't say that I had any patriotic reason for joining, although I did have an occasional warm, tingly feeling that I was doing right by the old place.

As to why defend the UK? I'd certainly pick up a gun if the islands were invaded but as to protecting 'our' interests, no thanks. As I see it, the nations interests are more closely aligned with those a small coterie of extremely wealthy individuals than of the ordinary bloke in the street. That's not a consequenceof any particular party political viewpoint, it's just the way it is. We never had a revolution to make it otherwise.

To be honest, I'm experiencing an ever increasing sense of disconnection from the nation. Perhaps it's just outrage-bus-fatigue caused by too much energy wasted on trivia and effects when important issues and causes are neglected.
 
#60
Whet said:
Well, usual complaints, usual suspects.


First, if we're going to kick out all the immigrants let's be fair and kick out more Australians and Irish than others - because there are more of them coming in than any other.

As for Pro Patria Mori, I thought Owen had put that one to bed 100 years ago. Oh, and wasn't his best mate an immigrant?
I was always taught that it was better to make sure the enemy 'died for his country.'
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top