Why cant women join the infantry?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Chimpy., May 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What's the real reason? I've heard excuses that claim that men would be more inclined to help a injured woman instead of getting on with the job. Well that claim is just like saying "women can't join the infantry because the men think you need special treatment". That's a bit sexist. And I can honestly say if I was in Iraq and a woman got shot standing next to me. My thoughts would be about saving my own arse from the same happening to me ... not helping her sorry arse off the deck. But I guess I'm what you would call a modern man. I've heard excuses that women would be a distraction and the blokes would be putting too much attention into trying to get a shag than thinking about fighting. But women are allowed to work everywhere else and the job still gets done in other proffessions. This claim basically says "women are a drain on male productivity" ... that's probably true actually, but still ....

So what's the reason then? Why don't they let women join the infantry?

2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Because they are girls, stupid

3. Because it would cost too much to rename 'The Infantryman' magazine 'The Infantryperson'.

4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Warrior was sized for male hips - not child bearing ones...

5. Because the Infantry needs to apply controlled aggression.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Well where I come from women can serve everywhere a man can. Even on sub's.
    Anyway why so many countries do not allowed women is.....because of all the reasons you mentioned yourself.
    Its easy to sit and think about it in the equal right way and all that but when it comes down to reality....

And yes I am a woman.

7. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

So true :D

8. I'm thinking that in order to take steps towards equality why not have a "girls only" regiment? Call it The Sisters of Battle and have a load of kick ass steaming hot bitches in PVC cat suits and big guns. Lets put an end to sexism and make it happen.

I know a few girls who could be in The Sisters of Battle.

9. They all work in the Dungeon of Doom?

10. They'd be harder than your cat - I've heard he's a pussy.

11. Your location says Kuwait. That's hardly the most liberal of places. Birds have to wear them big veil things over there.

12. Im not Kuwaiti so I dont.

13. Where are you from then?

14. Nice attitude, bet people que up to serve alongside you

15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

You like winding him/her/it up dont you? Not complaining!