Why Britain needs to re-instate the death penalty

I don't think I am. It's based on the assumption that today's stabby gang members are more caring of their own lives than their latterday counterparts. Given they choose to get involved in gangs despite the casualty rate; and that a significant portion of their attacks are not premeditated, that seems unsupportable with the evidence.
All young men think they are immortal. That's why they join the infantry, ride motorbikes and have drunken unprotected sex with yo-yo knickered slags.

I don't think they'd care. Probably regard it as an occupational hazard of 'the streets'

I think people who get stabby out of choice have no regard for the norms of society and in fact, see themselves in their own, alternate society, where it's their 'jungle' rules that count.

Not that I can reasonably put myself in their frame of mind but that's what seems to come through in Ross Kemp type documentaries.
Perhaps if the hanging were done in public? Seeing one of their much-admired and respected stabby mates soiling himself while twitching on the end of a rope might deter some from a continued life of crime.
That black hat in my avatar is not just for show, you know.

I don't think I am. It's based on the assumption that today's stabby gang members are more caring of their own lives than their latterday counterparts. Given they choose to get involved in gangs despite the casualty rate; and that a significant portion of their attacks are not premeditated, that seems unsupportable with the evidence.
Not sure if the words you have used are totally correct such as 'Choose' seeing as a lot are pressured into gangs, and 'not premeditated' could also be not quite correct seeing at the attacks are often in revenge for prior other 'tit for tat' events or insults?

Perhaps if the hanging were done in public? Seeing one of their much-admired and respected stabby mates soiling himself while twitching on the end of a rope might deter some from a continued life of crime.
It's the casual use of the knife without caring of the consequences which is the worry...but I do like your style, and then leaving the body in chains the gibbet.

It appears that you are still missing crux of NS 123's comment in that death sentence awarded for the act of Murder in the present climate ,may deter those who will stab a gang rival, not caring if he actually dies, because they know that they will only get jail time.

Maybe we need our own Death Row?
People don’t think like that. If there are motivating factors to commit the crime in the first place (social factors, kudos, fear) they will commit the crime, whatever the punishment may be.

Not sure if the words you have used are totally correct such as 'Choose' seeing as a lot are pressured into gangs, and 'not premeditated' could also be not quite correct seeing at the attacks are often in revenge for prior other 'tit for tat' events or insults?
They may very well be pressured but it's still a choice they make.

As to the premeditation, the evidence from the Glasgow gangs was that revenge attacks were immediate responses by young men who were routinely carrying knives to immediate attacks or slights. Hardly any if them went through a thought process, "Hey, he's dissed me. I'd best pop off, grab ma chib and lie in wait ootside his hoose." Very few stabbings are premeditated, unless you choose a broad definition including carrying with intent to use should such and such happen.

People don’t think like that. If there are motivating factors to commit the crime in the first place (social factors, kudos, fear) they will commit the crime, whatever the punishment may be.
yes, that makes sense but maybe they do (sometimes?) .. maybe the care for their Mums or mentors mean that they are strong enough to not actually carry out the act of plunging a knife it into someone?.... and perhaps you are just placing yourself in their situation but with your own mentality?

They may very well be pressured but it's still a choice they make.

As to the premeditation, the evidence from the Glasgow gangs was that revenge attacks were immediate responses by young men who were routinely carrying knives to immediate attacks or slights. Hardly any if them went through a thought process, "Hey, he's dissed me. I'd best pop off, grab ma chib and lie in wait ootside his hoose." Very few stabbings are premeditated, unless you choose a broad definition including carrying with intent to use should such and such happen.

May have to disagree with on this as they often are planned Revenge attacks as the recent drill Killings have been where the gangs went out deliberately looking for the target, and yes I would also include those as per your last sentence, simply because the end result did ended in a stabbing/killing

As much as it pains me to agree, there is plenty of data to confirm that the death sentence is not a deterrent.

It is a solution for ridding society of the wrong sort of people but the right sort of people get mixed up in there too.

I think it should be an option but first we must address the short comings of the judicial system to ensure that there are no mistakes and that it cannot be abused by a corrupt government at some point now or in the future.

Have we not moved on from 'bread and circuses'

there is little to no evidence that the death penalty is a deterrent, for anything. But lets not stop evidence from letting the 'string em up brigade' dial back basic human rights to the medieval standards.

Linky

I think it should be an option but first we must address the short comings of the judicial system to ensure that there are no mistakes and that it cannot be abused by a corrupt government at some point now or in the future.
I doubt that is achievable, if there was no possibility of wrongful convictions I’d have to reconsider my position on capital punishment.

I can think of several occasions that I know of, that local thugs who appeared to spend their entire lives engaged in intimidation, random thuggery, vandalism, antisocial behaviour,etc,etc were persuaded to change their ways after having been bundled into a van, taken to the mountains, given a good kicking and warned to keep a clean sheet in future. I can think of one wifebeater who got the good news and cleaned up his act. These were the usual "50 previous convictions" types, for whom I'd happily reinstate the death penalty.

Have we not moved on from 'bread and circuses'

there is little to no evidence that the death penalty is a deterrent, for anything. But lets not stop evidence from letting the 'string em up brigade' dial back basic human rights to the medieval standards.

Linky
What of the basic human right not to be stabbed in the first place?

Most have them have probably seen one of their oppos bleed out, they still do what they do.

This why I asked if you had done jury service. Bring back the death penalty and some jurers will find not guilty to prevent state killing.
I doubt it will make any difference, juries never had a problem in the past.

As much as it pains me to agree, there is plenty of data to confirm that the death sentence is not a deterrent.

It is a solution for ridding society of the wrong sort of people but the right sort of people get mixed up in there too.

An end state that is nowhere near being realised.