• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Why are we still in Afghanistan?

What is the point of our presence there now? Identification and maintanence of the aim and all that!

What are we trying to achieve there?

Edited to remove "I know I've annoyed a few people over the years but really," what I meant by that was don't post to have ago at me.

Main effort is now mentoring the ANA/ANP into a reckon-able force, the end result being that the Taliban can take back power after 12 months instead of 6

Main effort is now mentoring the ANA/ANP into a reckon-able force, the end result being that the Taliban can take back power after 12 months instead of 6
Not trying to be an arrse, but didn't we stop doing that last week because the ******* are trying to kill us?

Not trying to be an arrse, but didn't we stop doing that last week because the ******* are trying to kill us?
Dullard.

Are they trying to kill us? I mean in your personal experience.

We are there because that is where we are ordered to go. The Germans were trying to kill us in Germany, the IRA in Ireland, the Argies in the Falklands, the N Koreans were trying to kill us, guess where!

Go to bed.

Dullard.

We are there because that is where we are ordered to go. The Germans were trying to kill us in Germany, the IRA in Ireland, the Argies in the Falklands, the N Koreans were trying to kill us, guess where!

Go to bed.
Ord Sgt has never served in Afghanistan which is just as well because the air bridge cannot handle transporting 100,00L of turps every day.

Dullard.

Go to bed.
But do you not ask why? We have been ordered to go to many places, I've been to a few myself. There should be a point surely?

But do you not ask why? We have been ordered to go to many places, I've been to a few myself. There should be a point surely?
Nothing is clear in this tactically unclear war,
And I can't be bothered to find out what we are fighting for.
I advanced across a poppy field, I saw the gleam as you raised your shield,
So stand fast my emotions, rally round my shaking heart.

Our fathers were all soldiers, shall we be soldiers too,
Fighting and falling like soldiers do.
~~~~~~~~~

IE not posting shite on the net grandad.

Do one.

Latest Threads