Why are we in the middle east?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Blind_Pew, May 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This may be a question that has been asked before but i shall ask it again to get a new and current feeling from you all.
    Why are the troops still in the middle east fighting?
    The answer is OIL so why is the price of petrol so high as the war was supposedly over some time ago ?(May 2003)
    How many more troops have to Die before the government pulls the plug?

One thing i will say is that it goes to show how an under strength, under paid and overstretched British Army can do such an Outstanding job.

Until this and/or the next bunch of wasters stops sucking up to the US, i hope you all have a safe tour of duty.

All the very best.

2. Because here its cheaper to drink oil then water.

3. It has nothing to do with oil, people only think that because it is the major product from that region.

The truth will startle you. It is a truth that they have been trying to keep from us and to be honest the speculation about oil has made it even easier for them to hide the shocking truth. I have been privy to the information that they didn't want anyone to hear and I cannot justify my silence any longer, it is time for you to know the truth.

Firstly we must look at the current state of coastal erosion in the UK, due to increasing changes in climate our seas have become more savage and this has lead to an increase in coastal erosion. What does this have to do with the middle east I hear you say? The middle east, as well as having an abundant supply of oil, also has more than its fair share of sand, sand being the nice yellow stuff that sits between the sea and the coast line stopping the nasty waves from reaching too far inland and washing our nice little country away. They needed a method by which they could secretly collect this sand and transport it to the UK, the method they are using is pure genius. In the six months that your average soldier spends in the middle east his kit collects a large quantity of sand, this sand is then harvested from the soldiers washing machine and transported to large holding areas situated in a vast underground bunker system. From there it is moved to the beaches by means of agents disguised as people using metal detectors, these agents patrol up and down our beaches with pockets full of sand evenly distributing there payloads over the beaches.

So there you have it, it's not the oil we want, it's the sand.

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

But that's not all Bullet Sponge now is it? Let's talk Microsoft and Apple here, and computer chips . . . and SILICON!!!

Add this to the expansion of the Euro-Zone and you will see that a vast amount of hot air is being used up and a tremendous rate. The ME has a goodly supply of hot, dry air that can keep our politicos in business for thousands of years.

5. :clap: :rofl:

6. I am now in a dilemma.

Now that I have spoken out here should I go to the press? Should the whole country be made aware of this? I know that by exposing this shocking misuse of troops to collect sand I am putting our coastline at risk but morally should it be allowed to continue?

Oh and can anyone provide me with a secure house that I can flee too should they try to silence me?

7. David Mcallum had a similar job in the Great Escape.

8. I believe that is where this simple but ingenious plan was taken from. How spooky that the silver screen should be mirrored by real life........

9. Bullet Sponge, HMG are on to you know. I would take any long walks in the hills alone, or drive through Paris at night for a while if I were you.

Accedents WILL happen.

10. I know, I have made a special foil hat though so they won't find me. :)

11. Your a disgrace to the uniform you wore or are still wearing. Didnt you sign the official secrets act and swear not to give this media scum information that may put our troops at risk. When I go back to the SANDY oops I mean Oily place again dont you think the media might be on the look out for my bucket and spade in my bergan. When our fine agents are dropping off the supplies on our beaches they could now be under terrible danger. I hope that your proud that you have given this information away and must get to Cleethorpes and Skegness to stop the probable media circus arriving. :x :x :x

12. I feel ashamed, once I've sold my story and the royalties start to flood in I shall feel ashamed while relaxing by my private pool or driving my Ferrari. My shame shall be a hard burden but I must do what I feel is right.

13. Personally I blame the dutch, every time the build a dyke they are stealing portions of our coastline, join the campaign - INVADE HOLLAND! (Free drugs n hookers for everyone) :D

14. Oh..and I who secretly thought it had something to do with a sheep - heilan coo - camel exchange. Was going to make a profit out of it too..
    Bummer!