• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Why are we here?

Are you happy to follow FYB on ARRSE

• Total voters
Welcome to ARRSE Alfie. I've both loved and feared the FYB page on Facebook, the banter is always hilarious but the fear of oneself ending up on there whenever some officer whips a camera out on exercise is real! Certainly makes sure all the blokes are taping up loose straps and wearing proper cam, the threat of "Don't end up on FYB" is far more effective than any corporals raised voice...

Welcome to ARRSE Alfie. I've both loved and feared the FYB page on Facebook, the banter is always hilarious but the fear of oneself ending up on there whenever some officer whips a camera out on exercise is real! Certainly makes sure all the blokes are taping up loose straps and wearing proper cam, the threat of "Don't end up on FYB" is far more effective than any corporals raised voice...
Surely as TA you'd expect to end up on FYB and be ridiculed anyway?

FYB is mildly amusing.... sometimes.

It's a bit like a younger, and if you can actually believe it, stupider version of ARRSE.

You do get Toms posting pics of other Toms in mixed dress and then slating feck out of each other, like it's a massive big deal and other dull as feck whinging about things that us old feckers wouldn't give a to55 about but, nah , it's nothing speshull , just young dicks trying to be snidey about other young dicks - and it rarely has sneakily taken photos of Pads Wives#muntersrus or female squadettes, which I for one, find strangely relieved about. It's one plus point is that it's 'current' and you do get the odd funny tw@t.

Yer Man is on here for one reason only...yep, to do the ol' pretend to help you while he's helping himself gig ..

Meh, why not?

As an old git who has no real idea what FYB is I’d be interested as a) I can’t see the military SOH has changed over much and my employer doesn’t appreciate it and b) to see how long it takes for Tin Man and Happy Nomad to start an argument on it.

Given that it appears to be a modern generation / serving thing and I’m neither it’d be Read Only for me.

Oh, the sense of humour has changed slightly - not in the everyday things but just as Modern alternate comedians has gotten more spiteful, snidey and right on Political about people, so have squaddies.

Humour now tends to be about hatefully picking on someone or something/pretty much what many of us would call bullying back in the day ...and of course Lizards and weasels, to be part of the clique, join in and gang up .

Yeah, we all did back in the day but most of us never took it beyond a certain level and also laughed just as much when it was our turn to get the same back.

Current lot seem able to give it out but get all hateful when they get some back.

Just my opinion

Thank **** I'm no longer a STAB.
Could have been worse, I could have been a Royal Signals STAB.
If you'd been a RSIGS STAB you could have carried out some of the following cringingly embarrassing situations;

1. As a male Cpl, saluted several regular SF SGTs at the RSIGS camp at Blandford.
2. As a female Cpl, wore your male mate's mess dress jacket after an all ranks dinner, travelled into Bristol to a nightclub and berated the ex Royal Marine doorman for being a cunt (too drunk to gain entry) and uttering the immortal line of "I've been to fucking Iraq you civvie wanker!"
3. As a female Capt, volunteer for a 4 month tour to BLMF in 2007 and on your return to UK proceed to tell the regular RSM that your tour was quite kinetic.
4. As a male Sgt, do some shooting team range practice with several other TA deadeyes and proceed to leave a box of 800 5.56mm rounds on the range carpark area whilst you depart for the TAC.
5. As a female Sgt, deploy on Telic, get attached to an airborne unit, proceed to break down in tears as you cross the border into Iraq, surrounded by the junior rank occupants of the vehicle you're "commanding".

Cunts to a man (or woman).

If you'd been a RSIGS STAB you could have carried out some of the following cringingly embarrassing situations;

1. As a male Cpl, saluted several regular SF SGTs at the RSIGS camp at Blandford.
2. As a female Cpl, wore your male mate's mess dress jacket after an all ranks dinner, travelled into Bristol to a nightclub and berated the ex Royal Marine doorman for being a **** (too drunk to gain entry) and uttering the immortal line of "I've been to ******* Iraq you civvie ******!"
3. As a female Capt, volunteer for a 4 month tour to BLMF in 2007 and on your return to UK proceed to tell the regular RSM that your tour was quite kinetic.
4. As a male Sgt, do some shooting team range practice with several other TA deadeyes and proceed to leave a box of 800 5.56mm rounds on the range carpark area whilst you depart for the TAC.
5. As a female Sgt, deploy on Telic, get attached to an airborne unit, proceed to break down in tears as you cross the border into Iraq, surrounded by the junior rank occupants of the vehicle you're "commanding".

cnuts to a man (or woman).
My brother was a PSI (? (The exact nomenclature escapes me)) to the TA Sigs unit in Bristol, he hated to a man (or woman) the weak-kneed, chinless, precious BT employees that made up most of the squadron.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Choke yourself.
Gosh. Thats a bit harsh. And physically impossible without, ohh, I dunno. Maybe tie yourself down under a log splitter and superglue bog rolls under the ram then press the button? Nah. You need two hands to activate a log splitter. Wouldn't work.

I look forward to your ideas on how I may choke myself. Meanwhile, I shall sod off and amuse myself elsewhere. You have a Mod panel. I do not. I do not engage in unfair contests.

Car parks without CCTV? Yeah, I'll have a chat.

Peace & Love, Bro.