Why are we here?

Are you happy to follow FYB on ARRSE

• Total voters
I never trusted Facebook, I found that somehow an account was opened in my name and with my details without my knowledge. Logged in, deleted everything & closed account. Refused to have anything to do with it since.
Looking at all the shit they are in at the moment, it was a very wise move.

I never trusted Facebook, I found that somehow an account was opened in my name and with my details without my knowledge. Logged in, deleted everything & closed account. Refused to have anything to do with it since.
Looking at all the shit they are in at the moment, it was a very wise move.
How did you log in without the password? Are you magic?

It's always surprising that Arrse is not on the banned list of websites from MOD IT systems. Lets hope the addition of FYB doesn't alter the headshed's opinion of the ongoing utility of arrse as a barometer.
I was told by His Magnificence General Sir Nick Parker himself that he has / had an account here, which he has used.

The place used to be a useful bellweather of how blokes felt. Now its just full of bellends.

Last edited:
It's all been fairly civilised so far. Like two gangs of feral teenagers checking each other out in the playground. There'll be 20/20 and White Lightning involved at some stage, but whether it's spilt or shared is yet to be decided.
Do they get to share the girlfriends, asking for a friend.

As an old git who has no real idea what FYB is I’d be interested as a) I can’t see the military SOH has changed over much and my employer doesn’t appreciate it and b) to see how long it takes for Tin Man and Happy Nomad to start an argument on it.

Given that it appears to be a modern generation / serving thing and I’m neither it’d be Read Only for me.

How is that the fault of Facebook?
The only time I had ever had any interaction with Facebook was to go in and delete the (my) account. The only reason I found about it was when someone asked why I had not accepted their friend request. I told them that it must be a person with the same name as I don't have an account. They then told me that it was my email address that was in the profile.
How they got my details, I don't know, but I was never going to trust an organisation that creates accounts without peoples' permission.

I was told by His Magnificence General Sir Nick Parker himself that he has / had an account here, which he has used.

The place used to be a useful bellweather of how blokes felt. Now its just full of bellends.
Says the Prince of Bellends.

FYB on facebook has always reminded me of ARRSE back when it first started, its slowly morphed into its current form (which seems to be wankers with questionable political views getting upset for no reason at all) over the years.
Some youth would invigorate the board. I say welcome.

I'll be posting you plenty more memes you can appropriate as well.
I'm waiting for @AlfieFYB to post a video of him without his dressing gown on.

Rules are rules, and work both ways....