Why are the OTCs such a bunch of mingers....

Discussion in 'OTC and ACF' started by Redcap, Jun 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why is it that everywhere you go where OTC are present, the place looks an absolute sh*thole?

Can they never tidy up after themselves?

2. Students mate, fuckin students. (bit like me really)

3. Admin vortex caused by their inherent "everybody has an idea / input" policy.

Too many cooks spoil the brothh.....
    Too many Chiefs not enough Indians.....
    Clusterfook......

et cetera.

4. Are we talking training areas &/or ranges &/or accomodation/drill halls?

Either way, comes down to the standards that the DS or accompanying Offrs/SNCOs are willing to accept.

And sh1thole bivvy areas in particular are certainly not confined to OTC.

Could be OTC or ACF or TA or (shock, horror) Regular Units leaving the disgusting mess.

And a message to all - If it's still a sh1thole when you leave, it's now your fault!

5. Are we going to have another OTC bashing thread here, or is RedCap going to provide some examples?

As Abacus said
    Whenever we've left places they are left as they were found, or tidier.

6. Example

Lent an accomodation room to OTC cadre who were homelss for the night. They left next day, the room was full of rubbish, bedding left all over the place, floor covered in mud.

Never again, they can suffer in future.

Not the only example.

7. Unknown_Quantity

Unknown_Quantity War Hero Moderator

To counter the "all OTCs are messy", there are 2 community hall type buildings in the highlands which have been repainted and had holes plastered by London OTC. As already said it all comes down to the standards that the OTC staff will tolerate.

8. Redcap where was this?
    did you challenge the OTC in question?

9. I can vouch for the truth in this one after visiting the aforementioned up there.

10. I'd prefer not to say and I will speak to them in no uncertain terms.

11. cadre? dangerous ppl, they are known for leaving our mess in a state not worthy for pigs after dinners etc....

12. That's only because they know how much you enjoy tidying up orifice :lol:

13. also I'm not a major, and therefore am responsible to the RSM!

14. Unknown_Quantity

Unknown_Quantity War Hero Moderator

15. Straight to the point as ever... :twisted:

I have to agree that it's those in command who are to blame. If the blighters are consistently being let off with leaving accom in a less than prescribed fashion it's probably due to their PSI / DS getting all warm and fluffy after being in the UOTC Microcosm... mind you I bet that prior to them being posted to their current cushy number they wouldn't let the same lax standards pass.

The mind boggles...