Why are the OTCs such a bunch of mingers....

Why is it that everywhere you go where OTC are present, the place looks an absolute sh*thole?

Can they never tidy up after themselves?

Admin vortex caused by their inherent "everybody has an idea / input" policy.

Too many cooks spoil the brothh.....
Too many Chiefs not enough Indians.....
Clusterfook......

et cetera.

Are we talking training areas &/or ranges &/or accomodation/drill halls?

Either way, comes down to the standards that the DS or accompanying Offrs/SNCOs are willing to accept.

And sh1thole bivvy areas in particular are certainly not confined to OTC.

Could be OTC or ACF or TA or (shock, horror) Regular Units leaving the disgusting mess.

And a message to all - If it's still a sh1thole when you leave, it's now your fault!

Are we going to have another OTC bashing thread here, or is RedCap going to provide some examples?

As Abacus said
down to the standards that the DS or accompanying Offrs/SNCOs are willing to accept
Whenever we've left places they are left as they were found, or tidier.

Example

Lent an accomodation room to OTC cadre who were homelss for the night. They left next day, the room was full of rubbish, bedding left all over the place, floor covered in mud.

Never again, they can suffer in future.

Not the only example.

Unknown_Quantity

War Hero
To counter the "all OTCs are messy", there are 2 community hall type buildings in the highlands which have been repainted and had holes plastered by London OTC. As already said it all comes down to the standards that the OTC staff will tolerate.

Unknown_Quantity said:
To counter the "all OTCs are messy", there are 2 community hall type buildings in the highlands which have been repainted and had holes plastered by London OTC. As already said it all comes down to the standards that the OTC staff will tolerate.
I can vouch for the truth in this one after visiting the aforementioned up there.

cadre? dangerous ppl, they are known for leaving our mess in a state not worthy for pigs after dinners etc....

That's only because they know how much you enjoy tidying up orifice :lol:

also I'm not a major, and therefore am responsible to the RSM!

Unknown_Quantity

War Hero

Straight to the point as ever... :twisted:

I have to agree that it's those in command who are to blame. If the blighters are consistently being let off with leaving accom in a less than prescribed fashion it's probably due to their PSI / DS getting all warm and fluffy after being in the UOTC Microcosm... mind you I bet that prior to them being posted to their current cushy number they wouldn't let the same lax standards pass.

The mind boggles...

Capt Cheeky said:
after being in the UOTC Microcosm... mind you I bet that prior to them being posted to their current cushy number they wouldn't let the same lax standards pass.
Honourable attitude but still quite wrong to highlight UOTCs as the be-all-and-end-all of minging jackitis. Applies to filthy wee toe-rags in all parts of the Army and wider if they are not properly led/managed. And I am not part of an OTC, have never been part of an OTC and think it unlikely that I ever will be so feel fairly justified in sticking up for them here.

Tell us some good stuff CC, even if it is just about how much better Adbn is than all the others. :wink:

abacus said:
Capt Cheeky said:
after being in the UOTC Microcosm... mind you I bet that prior to them being posted to their current cushy number they wouldn't let the same lax standards pass.
Honourable attitude but still quite wrong to highlight UOTCs as the be-all-and-end-all of minging jackitis. Applies to filthy wee toe-rags in all parts of the Army and wider if they are not properly led/managed. And I am not part of an OTC, have never been part of an OTC and think it unlikely that I ever will be so feel fairly justified in sticking up for them here.

Tell us some good stuff CC, even if it is just about how much better Adbn is than all the others. :wink:
Difference is that that these are not filthy wee toe-rags, these people think they are future Army Officers, if they do not have self discipline at this stage are they really suitable?

I've spent enough of my OTC sunday mornings cleaning billets and then standing rigidly to attention while the RQMS scours them with his gimlet gaze in search of dust, dirt and non-regulation blanket folds.

As such, I think you're looking at an isolated incident. More likely you've confused Army Cadets with Officer Cadets.

TheAlcotroll said:
As such, I think you're looking at an isolated incident. More likely you've confused Army Cadets with Officer Cadets.
Quite agree, it's unfair to tar all otcs with the same brush. The number of times I have been in accomodation when it's been cleaner when we marched out than when we marched in. On a few occasions it's been evident the accomodation was not inspected before march-in as there is mud on the floors, rubbish in lockers, diffy blankets etc.

the OTC are what they say on the tin: officers in training and we all know what officers do don't we? They swan around watching everyone else working while they do jacksh1te. Nuff said don't get me started on OTC as I nearly knocked one out last annual which is why I'm not going on the exercise this year, the same bunch are assisting. And this time I'll finish the job

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Army Reserve 66
H Army Reserve 93
msr Army Reserve 33