Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are so many Britons emigrating?

Personally I would enjoy seeing Blair, Brown, TCH and the rest of the scum like Annakey and Sven swinging from the lampost. I would raise a cheer at the sight of it.

I hope some of them do read this site and manage to take on board that I mean it. I have had enough of them. My days of giving a fcuk about legitimate regime change has long gone as far as this lot are concerned. I do not just want them out. I want them dead along with all their supporters.

I want them dead for the lies, crimes and outright treason.

Ord_Sgt

RIP
RIP
semper said:
canteen_cowboy said:
semper said:
Hello

I will put in my 10p worth.

I have just come back from my round the world travels, I have visited Singapore, Hong Kong, Beijing, North Korea, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand, Australia, Hawaii and Hollywood Los Angeles.
I will say one thing for certain, there is no country like England, which in spite of its problem is a far far better place than some countries I have been to.
rest of dribble left out....
Utopia is a country that does not exist.

Tell me this? how long did you stay in these countries, long enough to assess their proper lifestyles etc? or was it in a hotel whilst on a package tour and just a couple of days/weeks in each place?to have visited so many countries in just over 2 months and make statements like that....

to make a judgment on any country you would need to have been there at least a few months IMHO to say it is better or worse than anywhere else.

I have travelled independently, I have spent just under 3 months travelling, during that time I have taken the opportunity to speak with the locals over a coffee or just general chatting, I avoid package holidays as you would be cocconed from the locals and the company will only want to show you the best of their country, I deliberately went to out of way places as many non touristy places as I can, you learn far more about the country than Postcard shots Tours. I have done the postcard bit, I would also like to get 110% out of my holiday by learning about the culture and interacting with locals.

unfortunately I was not able to stay long in each country to make an independent assessment so the next best thing is to ask the Locals as they know far more than any research I can do, their opinions carries far more weight in my view, from that I base my conclusions.

I doubt your conclusions when you say Australia isn't interesting, I would suggest you haven't been there or stayed in your hotel room for the duration of the visit. And as for you comments about the outback, why would anyone want to go and live in outback Australia? Are you crazy!!

Sorry but your conclusions on Australia are wrong, so I have to assume the rest is bollox too. Never mind maybe next time you can visit somwhere other than Darwin. :twisted:

Inf/MP said:
Personally I would enjoy seeing Blair, Brown, TCH and the rest of the scum like Annakey and Sven swinging from the lampost. I would raise a cheer at the sight of it.

I hope some of them do read this site and manage to take on board that I mean it. I have had enough of them. My days of giving a fcuk about legitimate regime change has long gone as far as this lot are concerned. I do not just want them out. I want them dead along with all their supporters.

I want them dead for the lies, crimes and outright treason.

Here Here

Nige

LE
Oi Ord Sgt - What's wrong with Darwin???? i live just down the road and it's a nice place to live (especially in the Dry Season when all the tourists are about).

Now, if semper had spent his time in Sydney I could understand his comments :)

Nige said:
Oi Ord Sgt - What's wrong with Darwin???? i live just down the road and it's a nice place to live (especially in the Dry Season when all the tourists are about).

Now, if semper had spent his time in Sydney I could understand his comments :)

I have and 4 days was enough, :p don't get me wrong I like some aspects of Australia, but for me, there is no compelling reason to move ....yet, if I met an Aussie Girl and she is worth it thats a different matter, New Zealand is nicer yet its under populated.

The places I have been to in Australia are, Sydney, Brisbane, Cairns + Tropical forest, Mount Isa, Alice springs, Devils Marbles, Kings Canyon, Ayer's Rock, Coober Peedy, Adelaide and on Anzac day too :D , South Coastal road+12 (ish) now 8 left Apsotles, Melbourne + captain Cook's cottage, Ballarat and Sovereign Hills, Canberra, Blue Mountains and back to Sydney.

I think I have covered a fair bit of Australia, trouble with Australia is miles and Miles of bugger all in between, severe drought is now becoming a frequent problem.

The_Seagull said:
Having visited Alberta, Canada and seen the clean schools with flags flying outside, clean streets and met, the predominately, friendly people I know where I want him to be. It's not without it's problems (I've seen them during a ridealong with an expat copper who used to be in my farce) but they're not a fraction of those we have here.

Right, soapbox away, rant over...and breath.

Alberta is the Richest Province in Canada, they contribute to a quarter of the Federal fund, Edmonton is sitting on a lot of Oil, My Cousin lives there, I have been a few times, British Columbia is ok very Mild climate and lots of Asians !, Quebec does have its charm but its full of Arrogant Frogs.

Minitoba and Saskatchwan is flat and wet.

semper,
how many nips did you talk to in North Korea? Whilst in South Korea did you have the pleasure of visiting Uijongbo and heading up the mountain to partake in some quality Kai-go-gi at Ajima's hut next to the Buddist temple?

The bottom line is that those of us that do work and pay (ever rising) taxes have had it.
We are offski, those of us that pay 40% and carry most of the tax burden are off with our dosh.
Mr and Mrs Bliar, the Hindujas, Abramovich, Mandelson et al that did not pay anywhere near what I did last year, having the benefit of a good accountant, tax avoidance and being "offshore" or largely into trust funds, can make up for my part of the tax burden. See how far you get.
Just remember that these tw@ts allegedly ruling us now (for the greater good - ours apparently not theirs) are the same tw@ts that were chucking bricks, paint bombs and have been on every picket line and demo from Grunwick and Greenham Common through to the last miners turn-out.
They would have all to a man have been on the 'Stop the War Coalition' march of 1 million plus prior to Telic but for one detail, it was "their" war.
Life on Mars indeed, I bet that hurt not being able to show solidarity with the brothers and sisters
I used to consider "Little Britain" to be a comedy, now the more I travel round certain places in the UK it seems to be reality TV.
In the words of Littlejohn "You couldn't make it up."
Finance is a part of it, but the main reason is the third world country with third world services we have become while no one gives a flying fcuk about it, that is what really is driving tax-paying, law-abiding concerned people abroad.
That attitude permeates downwards, if they don't care for this country of ours why should the rest of us, at least those of us with a choice. I just pity the poor sods of me parent's generation that do not have any choice at all in the matter. They have to put up with it and suffer in silence, apparently they have never had it so good.
Sound familiar?

harrythebastard said:
The bottom line is that those of us that do work and pay (ever rising) taxes have had it.
We are offski, those of us that pay 40% and carry most of the tax burden are off with our dosh.

Wrong. Most of the people who are migrating are retired people trying to eke out their income, not everyone makes life decisions based on television shows or hearsay.

Good luck with chasing your dreams, but if your reasons for doing so are connected with tax, inflation, unemployment or political skuduggery, then I suggest you'll find that many destinations popular with Brits are at least as bad.

According to some reports, Australia suffers inflation of 5% and rising, mortgage interest rates of 7% and rising, unemployment worse than UK, deaths resulting from violent crime roughly four times the figure over here, the level of alcohol abuse has reached epidemic proportions and they are actively segregating aboriginals from others in some areas to quell racial tension.

The faster that people who are unhappy leave the UK, the quicker the rest of us will be able to get on with things, such as replacing them with skilled cheaper and far more productive migrant workers.

And have you thought for a moment that this may be the very same reason why some of these countries are trying so hard to attract immigrants from the UK?

As for cheaper goods and services back home in the UK, combined with less earache from those who blame everyone but themselves for their failures and the bonus of a little friendly global warming back home. happy days will be here again.

cost of living
standards of living
housing
education
women
food
culture

Norfolknchance said:
cost of living Can afford all I want
standards of living 3 cars, boat, two foreign holidays a year,
housing appreciated in value by 250% in 4 years
education That's one reason why most immigrants come here
women Got one, can afford as many as I can eat when I go away
food I can afford to eat better here that in France or most countries I go to, and the quality is as good if not better
culture That's one reason why most people come to this country for holidays - second most popular destination outside of Paris

Reasons to stay:

Culture
Reasonably stable economically
Quality policing
Free secondary education
Free healthcare
No serious droughts
Lower levels of violent crime (don't believe all you read, more people get knifed in car parts in LA in a weekend than get killed in the UK in a year, and we have a quarter of the per capita rate of violent crime that Australia has and less than a tenth of that in SA)
Welfare state
High employment
Proximity to family
Racial tolerance
Reasonable quality TV
Choice of food (Indian, Thai, French, Italian and even English)
Decent beer
High tolerance to drink driving (equally a negative)
Higher percentage of millionaires than most countries (comparator of prospects)
Free road system (generally)
Little organised crime/no mafia
Tolerance of those holding dual nationality
Proximity to Europe (equally a negative)
Technologically advanced
etc

And the grass really is greener over here than most other countries

Reasons to stay:

Culture Ask anyone in the rest of the real world what that would be (present tense)
Drunks, chavs and nuisances
Reasonably stable economically What, government bailing out banks and numerous rights issues?
Quality policing Now you are taking the piss, try invisible policing
Free secondary education And the literacy rate of young males leaving school is now?
Free healthcare If you are prepared to wait 5 hours in casualty and get free MRSA. Anything
tricky, get on the 2 year waiting list
No serious droughts No hosepipe bans round your way to come then
Lower levels of violent crime (don't believe all you read, more people get knifed in car parts in LA in a weekend than get killed in the UK in a year, and we have a quarter of the per capita rate of violent crime that Australia has and less than a tenth of that in SA)
Oh really, cop shops are shutting an an alarming rate, if they are not open how do
you report it then? People are really not arrsed to report it, ergo.
Welfare state The main reason for leaving, paying people more for dossing than for working, a
real incentive there then
High employment On whose figures? They are out there at the Maggie Thatcher levels, NOT CLAIMING
but getting a nice living, I wonder how?
Proximity to family Not mine, they baled out having seen it before me
Racial tolerance Get yourself to Bradford then, very tolerant there
Reasonable quality TV Endless repeats and propaganda by soaps
Choice of food (Indian, Thai, French, Italian and even English) I'll have that one
Decent beer Warm, flat and very short measures in the pint variety
High tolerance to drink driving (equally a negative) Where is this then? Winter, summer and Christmas
campaigns stopping and breath-testing with no reasonable suspicion. Hmmm
Higher percentage of millionaires than most countries (comparator of prospects) Ex-pat tax avoiders from
other countries
Free road system (generally) Ridden a bike here lately? Look at the quality of the roads
Little organised crime/no mafia You really need to get out more, never heard of core nominals? After Dubai
where is the most money-laundering taking place?
Tolerance of those holding dual nationality Tolerated, yes
Proximity to Europe (equally a negative) A big positive
Technologically advanced In which field would that be then, spinning, lying and
manipulating public opinion?

And the grass really is greener over here than most other countries

harrythebastard said:
Reasons to stay:
Proximity to family Not mine, they baled out having seen it before me

Not too put too fine a point on things, perhaps there's a hidden message somewhere in that statement?

Sometimes people only see what they want to see, and don't realise that, simply because they've fucked up, that everyone else is in the same boat. Sometimes people will refute every fact that is presented as being media manipulation?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7511192.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7513563.stm

Understandable, I suppose, nobody wants to admit they're doing worse than others because they've made the wrong choices in life, they're too lazy to do something about it or they've been dealt an exceptionally shitty hand