Why are PTI's such Tossers????

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by nick_iddiols, Oct 13, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right I was recently training to prepare for a PTI course in November and a certain PTI was given the job to help get me fit. What a complete an utter C**K!!!!

Never in my life have I wanted to punch someone in the face so much. It was just the BPFA that got me started, first of all the press up wasn't correct, funny is was last time you tested me, then it was the run. You never gave it your all did you? Is that why I was hanging out of my F***ING Arse!!!!! If I never gave 100% then I would of been quicker wouldn't I.

Tell me this, when was the last time you actually saw a PTI take a BPFA test theirself??

2. So lets get this right you were training to be a TOSSER oh i mean PTI and you failed your BPFA. Take note the "A" is for assesment me thinks and if you cant meet such a low standard the TOSSER (PTI) was right be beast your ass standard are low enough without having shit PTI'S :p

3. MY POINT IS THAT I FAILED THE BPFA BECAUSE A PRESS UP WASN'T RIGHT. IT WAS RIGHT LAST TIME AND THE TIME BEFORE. IF A PTI IS PISSED OFF THEN WE HAVE TO PAY FOR IT. THATS BULL SHIT!!!!

APART FROM INFANTRY AND SPECIAL SERVICES KNOW ONE IS MORE FIT THAN THE ARTILLERY

4. Okay mo this is what i want you to do, stand in front of the mirror and motivate your self and stop talking sh**

5. Lets face reality here. You failed a BPFA cause you're unfit and at the end of the day the PTI was well within his rights to fail you. As for the artillery being as fit as the infantry (and I'm arty myself) what a load of bollocks. 90% of the arty are like most of the army these days - fat, unfit, playstation playing crows with an attitude. If you're unhappy about the PTI's decision, go and see the welfare officer and tell him you're depressed. Who knows, you might get compassionate leave. Don't forget to do some remedial PT though!

6. Whoa there Door Bundle, lets not berate the man for failing an assessment lets commend him for having the balls to come on line and not only admit to it but state that he is from the mighty Royal Regiment.  

He is however not the first as a certain soldier from my Regiment applyed to go on the PTI's course and then on his initial BPFA prior to joining started to struggle on the first push up let alone anything else!!!!

7. at the end of the day I admit i'm a little unfit at the moment. But I assure you this, i'm not by any means as unfit as 70% of the british army. Give me a couple of weeks when i get off this god for biden crap hole, Cyprus and I will be fit again, running 9.15 avarage of me run and then at least 60 on each exercise.

I'm in cyprus in 40 degrees heat and hardly any time off. Unfortunately, sleep comes before running!!! hows that ?  JG

8. There's no excuse and the heat certainly isn't one!!  The fact that you couldn't even bother your arse to train for the course means that you shouldn't be loaded onto it anyway.  Next you'll be wingeing that you didn't want to do it anyway!  Perhaps instead of drinking all that beer and sitting on your lardy fat backside you should have got out and done some phys instead!!

9. Talk about the kettle calling the pot...........social misfit!

So NBC instructors are normal then are they? :-/

10. Normal? Remember my first time in the Gas chamber's.....Was sick for days, got used to it after that though. Don't know if it's true, but I heard that they no longer do the NBC thing in chambers anymore ???

11. Now they do it in a PTIs sock draw

You get a similar reaction to choking agent

12. Well now that you're used to, can you take your S10 off please :D

13. No.....I find it amusing especially as a sexual play thing, you'll have to beg me! ;)

14. It sounds like you should be applying for an all arms storeman course, 9:15 might seem like warp speed to you my little trekkie but I'm afraid if you were working in my gym I would have to give you the post/tea/mop position.

15. let me get this right you were training for a PTI course and you are unhappy because the PTI who has been there and done it felt that you werent up to standard?

seems to me you need to give a bit of credit to the guy that has done it and has the ability to be able to spot yer mistakes and correct them for you ;)

also if you are knocking out a 9.15 are you sure that a PTI course is the right career path for you? when i did my AIPT course in 94 that time would have seen you finishing a long way behind the others and if that was your level of cardio fitness the beastings you would have got at Fox Gym would have left you crippled ;)

I must admit i tend to be the sort of PT that likes to have the guys leave with a smile on their face but if you go about with an attitude that all PTI's are tossers then maybe you need to have a look at who is seen to be fit and just who needs to train to be fit ;)

and for what its worth i have TA guys under my charge at the moment who having taken a BPFA last weekend blitz a lot of the regulars that i have taken in the past so dont feel too down on the PTI's it seems they have a fair job on their hands these days with the standard of fitness in the Army ;)