Why are British people so negative?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by ABF9, Oct 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Britian like all other countrys has its bad points as gets pointed out on this fourm a lot.

But as a nation we have a lot going for us us well.

We are still one of the richest countrys in the world with the one of the strongest economies.Our people have a high standard of living.

If you want a job you can get one,plenty out there if you dont mind hard work.

We are a nation with a rich history and heritage.

Even thought the NHS is far from perfect it is still the envoy of most of the world.

We have 2 true world boxing champions in Ricky Hatton and Joe Calzaghe.

Up untill a few weeks ago England were world rugby champions as well.

Britian is always iwell represented in most other sports .

I just think as a nation we like to moan a lot and we always think that the grass is greener on the other side.

I am braceing myself for incoming fire.
    :(

2. We're not negative !.

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

It is full of immigrants
    The recession is starting because of lousy economic management
    We are the most watched people on the planet with more CCTV than anyone else.
    The gobment is corrupt.
    We are a democracy only in name.
    Crime and drugs are rife, with kids shooting other kids.
    We are taxed more than just about anyone else.
    Fuel prices are deliberately ramped up through our starting pointless wars, just so that the gobment can rake more fuel duty in.
    The 'Human Rights Act' is making a mockery of civil and criminal justice.
    House prices are stupidly high, and kept artifically high by too many vested interests, such as the gobment.

Canda is much nicer this time of year, and so is New Zealand, Australia, or even outer fecking mongolia.

4. my bold,

we're negative about the NHS purely for the reason that it's always swaning off around the world on expenses instead of giving my old gran a new hip!!!!

5. i think sometimes were negative, because we work hard, whilst every other fugger ponces of the back of us and gives zip in return.

6. Cos we have to wait for another 2 maybe 3 years to get rid of fatty Mc Broon.

And for all the reasons in Biped's message.

7. You'll find that the majority of people who satrt there post with ""Why does this country"" have never been out of it.
    Biped's litany of complaints is equally valid in most developed countries and throughout the EU.
    I've travelled a lot in recent times and can assure you that no matter where you are you're going to find immigrants because the world's population is on the move.
    Great Britain is still Great and I for one wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

8. We`re quite good at invasion……...and putting ourselves down…..

9. Is it just me? By moaning about moaning is this post dripping with irony?

10. Most other western countrys would say the exact same.

11. Because it's all just sh*t. Everything, right?

Call these Hob Nobs? Hah! In my day, you'd never have got away with that. Quick clip round the ear from the local bobby, rickets never stopped us playing outdoors from dawn to dusk after a hard day's work down the mine.

Good dose of National Service, that's what they need - jumpers for goal posts, it's the only language they understand. Took yer hat off in church or felt the back of your father's hand. These days, you might as well use a dish-mop.

I'll give you Chicken Tikka Masala!

12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Nah, kip sate from Holland - it doesn't get better than that!

13. In my best Yorkshire accent...

Hob knobs!?!

Luxury, bloody luxury!

When I were a lad, we'd get a slab o' lard between two slices of concrete bread and we lived in't hole in ground with a sheet o' tarp for roof!

14. Two slices?.....

..... You were lucky!

15. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

And we're good at combining them. Anybody puts us down, we invade them.