Why are Artisan SSgts Ac/Av on lower rate pay?

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by zupatech, Apr 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mmmmmm, lets start this one off shall we, this is very close to my heart. :x

2. Don't know why, but its feck all to do with skill sets or how much a job entails. Look at some of the trades/roles out there that are on the higher band and shouldn't be and vice versa.

3. At a guess, it is an attempt by the REME to incentive-ise going Tiffy. The argument goes something like "If we do not make a pay difference between Tiffy and Artisan, then there willl be people who will think why bother".

4. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

A lot already think that! :twisted:

5. Let's put another iron in the fire-maybe this should be a thread on its own- but I've heard rumours that the tiffy course will be reduced to 6 months!!
    Is this a move by REME to get more people to go tiffy. This also begs the question- DO WE REALLY NEED MORE TIFFYS????

6. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I may inseminate myself :twisted:

7. The perfect tiffy response- spineless and of no use to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. I know there is a few "Tiffies" will argue that they had to do more to get there rank, but on the other side Artisans take a lot longer to reach that point . So on a pay point the Tiffy will get to Level 7 Higher rate much sooner than the Artisan.
    Ive been in for 20 years, been a Sgt since 1994, sat on Higher rate level 7 for years. I picked up my Artisan on 2005 and even thou im still an Aircraft Tech im on lower rate and now maxed out again...............
    and now the Tiffy cse is only six months and they are getting younger ,, :?:

9. Feeling your pain, Zupa. At least you don't have that dirty feeling when you wake up every day knowing that yet again you'll have to sell your soul to the devil!

10. The shortened Tiffy course is just an idea being passed around DEME(A) at the moment. Essentially the 18 months spent in the classroom doing electronics is wasted as you dont need that to be a Tiffy. (I'm a Tiffy, have been for 7 years and haven't found the need to integrate or differentiate once since finishing.) The idea is that the new courses will do more managerial type training so that they can then go out and look after their troops correctly. Obviopusly this would mean that they would no longer gain a electonics degree but perhpas a managerial one from a diferent body.

Makes sense to me.