Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

'Why am I on ROPs?'

I don't think anyone would get ROPs for that. It's a thread which generally people moan about / enquire about ROPs and slag off the mods who awarded them.

What @The_Duke (and most recently myself) have been doing is deleting the comments which have no place in the discussion, that's all.

Two reasons from my own perspective - this is quite a popular thread (and informative for some, as well as rubber-necky for others) people don't really want to read pages and pages about arse cream other than those two or three members talking about it.

As well as this, if members don't want to use the chat feature to continue the irrelevant discussion, there's also a dedicated thread for the pointless and inane comments, entitled "Pointless and Inane Comment Thread".
You've forgotten to mention the Handbag thread.

MOD's any reason I can't reply on the All Internet links/videos/pictures in here ONLY thread?

1660295129867.png

Am I on double secret smiting?

It would appear so.

You have a permanent ban for, quote: "posting signals crap despite two clear warnings"

Two clear warnings? Can't have been that clear, I don't recall them or have any message less one below from @elovabloke for winding up some drunk bellend, but I can't remember what thread that was

I wasn't even Signals, why would I post bleep bollockS?

This is pure tyranny I tells ya

1660549342981.png

Two clear warnings? Can't have been that clear, I don't recall them or have any message less one below from @elovabloke for winding up some drunk bellend, but I can't remember what thread that was

I wasn't even Signals, why would I post bleep bollockS?

This is pure tyranny I tells ya

It wasn't just you. But here are the two clear warnings:

Hope that helps.

Funnily enough, much the same theme as the repeated warnings on this thread.

Might seem petty but different threads have different topics, and across the wider forums - different rules. The biggest problem with ARRSE is the site toilets don't seem to acknowledge this and carry on their spats regardless of thread topic and forum it's being posted in.

Signals dits should really be posted to (or asked to be moved to) the Royal Sigs forum.

My personal gripe is people posting "Planes Tanks & Ships" crap in the Army Aviation forum.

Fortunately there's only about 4 people who have served on this site, so it happens very rarely :thumleft:

It wasn't just you. But here are the two clear warnings:

Hope that helps.

Funnily enough, much the same theme as the repeated warnings on this thread.

Might seem petty but different threads have different topics, and across the wider forums - different rules. The biggest problem with ARRSE is the site toilets don't seem to acknowledge this and carry on their spats regardless of thread topic and forum it's being posted in.

Signals dits should really be posted to (or asked to be moved to) the Royal Sigs forum.

My personal gripe is people posting "Planes Tanks & Ships" crap in the Army Aviation forum.

Fortunately there's only about 4 people who have served on this site, so it happens very rarely :thumleft:

Got ya. I do remember posing some signal messaging stuff, but I'm sure I posted them in reply to other posts as and when I read along.

I'm always about a week behind on the 'All internet' thread, so it's likely I posted in reply, which looked like I was doing it after the warning, when it's likely I hadn't reached or read the warnings yet.

Blimey, they weren't even rude or offensive. Plus, a perm ban for what a cross-over timing issue

Still tyranny

Got ya. I do remember posing some signal messaging stuff, but I'm sure I posted them in reply to other posts as and when I read along.

I'm always about a week behind on the 'All internet' thread, so it's likely I posted in reply, which looked like I was doing it after the warning, when it's likely I hadn't reached or read the warnings yet.

Blimey, they weren't even rude or offensive. Plus, a perm ban for what a cross-over timing issue

Still tyranny

You're not going to take this lying down, are you?

Post some "Planes Tanks & Ships" crap in the Army Aviation forum!

Sic semper tyrannis