'Why am I on ROPs?' and other bellendery

CharleyBourne

War Hero
Book Reviewer
More than that if you include the "dog barking" idiots.

There's a film on here somewhere showing two dogs either side of an electronic gate barking at each other, following it as it opens, then both suddenly lose interest as the gate finally gets out of the way, and nothing to keep either of them safe.
I had two much-loved Rottie girls, the boss of the two being quite small, more like a Staffie with Rottie markings. She was very much the matriarch of the village and would deport herself around with her nose in the air much like Babs Windsor in Eastenders.

A neighbour had a semi-feral JR girl who roamed around, raiding bins, holding up traffic and trespassing on everyone's gardens. Nobody minded as she was a local character. She survived crossing the busy road through the village to launch attacks on the pub for years and died of advanced old age.

When the Rotties got old I used to walk them separately. When the little one and the JR used to pass each other in the lane they would both studiously ignore each other and look the other way until they were a safe distance apart and then snarlfest would erupt.

All three characters much missed. RIP.

Londo

LE
Sounds about right. He usually turns the discussion to Germany so he can then talk about himself and his supposed exploits for a bit.
He does seem to get a stalk on as soon as Germany gets a mention in a post .
Although I must say a lot of his posts have been interesting , some even funny lately.
Must admit I've even given him a couple of 'likes'

He does seem to get a stalk on as soon as Germany gets a mention in a post .
Although I must say a lot of his posts have been interesting , some even funny lately.
Must admit I've even given him a couple of 'likes'
I honestly can't be bothered to be a permanent Bugsy basher, but he does seem to have to be kept on a tight leash to prevent a pant Hindenburg.

It always seems to come back to what he's done, experienced, knows etc.

Just saying. Don't smite me those above.

In fairness, the Ukraine thread is being tightly modded, which I both understand and appreciate. It's probably a prime target for trolls to disrupt and twist, given half a chance, and it is such a behemoth that too many off-topic diversionary conversations could bring it crashing down under its own weight.

On that thread, Bugsy has obviously tried to play by the rules and should be given credit for that. That he couldn't help flights of fancy and bringing in his own version of reality occasionally is just evidence that there is still the old Busgy lurking under the new one.

Given the frequent warnings about drifting off thread, I don't think that anyone caught up in the ROP sweeps has much to complain about. I have deleted a couple of responses when I reconsidered them and decided that they were too distracting and might lead to a long diversion.

Of course, if I do get ROPs along the way* then I shall squeal and wriggle like a small piglet dipped in chilli sauce.

*I'm aware that I have a tendency to be flippant and occasionally irreverent in my responses.

Well when he comes back we’ll just have to see if we can keep him on the straight and narrow as he can have something worthwhile to say ocasionally.
Maybe he will spend time with his mates while he is off ARRSE

1659887986378.png

Well when he comes back we’ll just have to see if we can keep him on the straight and narrow as he can have something worthwhile to say ocasionally.
In fairness, when he stays on the straight and narrow, in highly moderated threads, he does make useful contributions.

Latest Threads