'Why am I on ROPs?' and other bellendery

Hang on a minute, let’s concentrate on the serious stuff!!

What is that blue banner for, and what has to be done to get one?
What Blue Banner???

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Hang on a minute, let’s concentrate on the serious stuff!!

What is that blue banner for, and what has to be done to get one?

Back on the old days of ARRSE, it was largely Army Aviation members, some of which were multiple logins of GoodCO and BadCO believe it or not. Since it was started by 2 pilot-types, it made sense most of its primary members were mainly part of the small Avn family, along with its supporting services such as Avn loggies and the bravest, most handsome members of REME - the Avionics Technician and the Lesser Spotted Aircraft Technician.

Such rivalry resulted in us labelling them "Squawks" and them labelling us "Bastard Air Techs" or BATs for short.

One of the mods at the time was LordFlasheart who went a little further in his quest to marginalise us.

Back in the day next to our avatars we had Commando type shoulder badges for ARRSEpedia, ARRSE Journo, ARRSE Charity and a couple of others, including a "Cock but Harmless" one for DuffDike.

Flashy created one for BATs - there were a handful of us at the time. Vertical Gyro, Fugly and myself.

dirtybat.jpg

With the move to XenForo, the light blue DirtyBAT tag is simply a re-branding.

I'm order to achieve one, you'll need to re-join as REME, go aircraft or avionics, sleep with half of Wokingham and be at least a LCpl by your 18th birthday.

This is an educational instruction documentary on ARRSE doctrine.

Larry the Lamb, that’s you that is! @pc supa

Is that Judy Dench doing the voice over for Larry the Lamb????

Back on the old days of ARRSE, it was largely Army Aviation members, some of which were multiple logins of GoodCO and BadCO believe it or not. Since it was started by 2 pilot-types, it made sense most of its primary members were mainly part of the small Avn family, along with its supporting services such as Avn loggies and the bravest, most handsome members of REME - the Avionics Technician and the Lesser Spotted Aircraft Technician.

Such rivalry resulted in us labelling them "Squawks" and them labelling us "Bastard Air Techs" or BATs for short.

One of the mods at the time was LordFlasheart who went a little further in his quest to marginalise us.

Back in the day next to our avatars we had Commando type shoulder badges for ARRSEpedia, ARRSE Journo, ARRSE Charity and a couple of others, including a "Cock but Harmless" one for DuffDike.

Flashy created one for BATs - there were a handful of us at the time. Vertical Gyro, Fugly and myself.

View attachment 674653

I'm order to achieve one, you'll need to re-join as REME, go aircraft or avionics, sleep with half of Wokingham and be at least a LCpl by your 18th birthday.

"sleep with half of Wokingham".

Lyneahm now surely Boris?

View attachment 674653

At least a LCpl by your 18th  birthday year of service.

FOC

Slime

LE

View attachment 674653

One of the most informative posts I‘ve read in ages.
That probably serves me right to chatting with trolls who always want to answer a question by completely changing the subject :)

View attachment 674653

I remember my 10 year old son meeting Flashy and after overhearing , asking what Bats were, very awkward when someone else told him!

He still raves about his visit

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
One of the most informative posts I‘ve read in ages.
That probably serves me right to chatting with trolls who always want to answer a question by completely changing the subject :)

I'm addition to this, back then there were no ROPs as such. But there was a similar measure where the members' medals were replaced with these:

thief.gif

As far as I can remember, Oxygen Thieves could still post unrestricted and the moderators had to request a ban or "O2" tag via the COs.

Therefore while some will still have their reservations about certain moderators - a large part of it is the site functionality changing allowing much more hands-on moderating than simply relying on the old skool method of moderators making the site toilets look even more ridiculous.

One may argue the merits and drawbacks of each. I suspect both methods have both.

I'm addition to this, back then there were no ROPs as such. But there was a similar measure where the members' medals were replaced with these:

View attachment 674745

As far as I can remember, Oxygen Thieves could still post unrestricted and the moderators had to request a ban or "O2" tag via the COs.

Therefore while some will still have their reservations about certain moderators - a large part of it is the site functionality changing allowing much more hands-on moderating than simply relying on the old skool method of moderators making the site toilets look even more ridiculous.

One may argue the merits and drawbacks of each. I suspect both methods have both.
Can we have that back in addition to RoPs?

I think @Dashing_Chap sported that for years.

Latest Threads