Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Why am I on ROPs?' and other bellendery

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
They are absolutely free to discuss BLM or other topics and are entitled to articulate why they disagree. Unfortunately some are clearly incapable of doing so without condemning entire populations based on skin tone or religion using inflammatory and racist language. They then lose the right to post.
I agree with pretty much all that has been said by my fellow moderators, whether "senior" or "junior" (didn't know there was such a thing, still everyday.... etc)
We seem to have some double standards sticking their heads above the parapet. How is it okay for members on this site to slag off anyone who is a regular church goer, but make one statement against Islam, Hinduism, Bhuddism etc, and you are labelled a racist?
The same applies to having a pop at sweaties, paddies or taffies. Absolutely fine! Just don't say anything about those with a different tone to their skin. I very often see the Gibson's dog reference, which to me is just as offensive as using the name itself, but nobody seems to do or say anything.
Society seems to allow certain exceptions, such as "going for a chinky" or "I bought it at the p*** shop".
I, like many abhor racism in all of it's forms but am sick and tired of the holierthan thou attitude of those who accept some but decry others. If it belittles one party for being different to others then it is racist.

Last edited:

Kirkz

LE
Jagged with pretty much all that has been said by my fellow moderators, whether "senior" or "junior" (didn't know there was such a thing, still everyday.... etc)
We seem to have some double standard sticking their heads above the parapet. How is it okay for members on this site to slag off anyone who is a regular church goer, but make one statement against Islam, Hinduism, Bhuddism etc, and you are labelled a racist?
The same applies to having a pop at sweaties, paddies or taffies. Absolutely fine! Just don't say anything about those with a different tone to their skin. I very often see the Gibson's dog reference, which to me is just as offensive as using the name itself, but nobody seems to do or say anything.
Society seems to allow certain exceptions, such as "going for a chinky" or "I bought it at the p*** shop".
I, like many abhor racism in all of it's forms but am sick and tired of the Booker than thou attitude of those who accept some but decry others. If it belittles one party for being different to others then it is racist.
There is a small corner shop in Preston that is run by a white bloke called Jim, the shop was run by Asians before he bought it, it is always refered to by the locals as P*** Jims.

Jagged with pretty much all that has been said by my fellow moderators, whether "senior" or "junior" (didn't know there was such a thing, still everyday.... etc)
We seem to have some double standard sticking their heads above the parapet. How is it okay for members on this site to slag off anyone who is a regular church goer, but make one statement against Islam, Hinduism, Bhuddism etc, and you are labelled a racist?
I, like many abhor racism in all of it's forms but am sick and tired of the Booker than thou attitude of those who accept some but decry others. If it belittles one party for being different to others then it is racist.
Gibson's dog is a British idiosyncracy . Yes, we used to call our black Labradors a certain name, but it's a Britsh cultural icon also. Couple decades ago, my girlfriend decided she wanted a puppy, Labradors were advertised, and I asked which type she wanted. She wanted a black one, I wanted a bitch. So I went to the house that has the litter for sale, and by chance, of all the combinations, one black bitch. I loved that dog. Now, what is more offensive - what people used to call black Labradors 70+ years ago, or my true story about there only being one black bitch in the litter?

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs
What about obese people, who have had heart surgery and build models? Is it still ok to label those as Cold War warriors who did the square root of fuck all operationally? Or is that verbote?

964ST

War Hero
I am an avid anti- racist! But!!
I live in a village in Germanland, that has the first house as you drive in with a car on approach from the real world, and peeps drive really fast into the Bubble! (I have no kids or even a Dog any more, so really I could not care less!).
But a neighbor gave a policeman permission to sit in my driveway behind a hedge they used a speed camera to catch peeps going to work at 7 in the morning!

I finished having a Shit and cleaned up, then opened the Rollladen one morning. There was a car in my driveway with a policeman with his lap top snatching photos of racists.

I told him to Fück Off, and No comee back

Kirkz

LE
What about obese people, who have had heart surgery and build models? Is it still ok to label those as Cold War warriors who did the square root of **** all operationally? Or is that verbote?
People who served during the cold war still served.
It isn't their fault there wasn't any tours to do other than Norn Iron.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
What about obese people, who have had heart surgery and build models? Is it still ok to label those as Cold War warriors who did the square root of **** all operationally? Or is that verbote?
I see you're living up to your well deserved SPoTY title win...

And didn't cry all the time about wanting softer nicer boots and Gucci combat kit and beastly sergeants shouting at them.
Oh and duvets ...mustn't forget the duvets.

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs
That they did, and Northern Ireland was spiced, even was my first tour. However ”back in my day bollocks” about for example females serving l, they can’t lift that, wouldn’t have happens if I had my L1a1, bollocks is just that. The vast majority who post on here share that. To be honest the posts and opinions on here don’t reflect the real life day to day in the armed forces.

Serving personnel are few And far between posting on here, those that are routinely told that they are full of shit, because of google. Just look at the serious threads in military capability,

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
That they did, and Northern Ireland was spiced, even was my first tour. However ”back in my day bollocks” about for example females serving l, they can’t lift that, wouldn’t have happens if I had my L1a1, bollocks is just that. The vast majority who post on here share that. To be honest the posts and opinions on here don’t reflect the real life day to day in the armed forces.

Serving personnel are few And far between posting on here, those that are routinely told that they are full of shit, because of google. Just look at the serious threads in military capability,
You're full of shit - no Google involved to come to that conclusion

Kirkz

LE

There are plenty of other sites where serving personel post.
The people who post on here are the people who enjoy being here.
It's no good shimfing about it, don't like it don't come here, it's that simple.

964ST

War Hero
What for me that was a bit strange, was when I returned from a three year secondment (career foul!) 1998 to to a BAOR unit and we were deployed nobody new how to put CAM up, it was like the most pathetic circus that I had ever seen!

Slime

LE
That kid looked for trouble all his life!!!!

As an adult, he did national service, and tried the same trick for extra sausages ;)
Sausage, not sausages. If he asked for extra sausages, it meant he was initially given at least two. Although maybe during National Service, they did get two.

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs
There are plenty of other sites where serving personel post.
The people who post on here are the people who enjoy being here.
It's no good shimfing about it, don't like it don't come here, it's that simple.
Exactly the response I expected, I only stick around to wind up my stalkers @ACAB @Simmerit as they get triggered nearly as easily as @vinniethemanxcat in the cooking thread.

Latest Threads