Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Why am I on ROPs?' and other bellendery

If you can’t understand why and what sort of thing is not acceptable on here, you may well be on the wrong site.
I understand clearly what racism, bigotry and prejudice is - I also understand what censorship is.

And perhaps you're right, perhaps I am on the wrong site.

NSP

LE
If you can’t understand why and what sort of thing is not acceptable on here, you may well be on the wrong site.
Oh, I understand. My point was that it's very easy to change the apparent meaning of things when quoted in isolation and away from the original context or wider diatribe - either deliberately or, in this case, accidentally (or unavoidably to avoid repetition of the original naughty).

It's something the media excels at. I think the greatest example of it in my lifetime is Thatcher's "There's no such thing as society."

The_Duke

LE
I understand clearly what racism, bigotry and prejudice is - I also understand what censorship is.

And perhaps you're right, perhaps I am on the wrong site.
They are absolutely free to discuss BLM or other topics and are entitled to articulate why they disagree. Unfortunately some are clearly incapable of doing so without condemning entire populations based on skin tone or religion using inflammatory and racist language. They then lose the right to post.

They are absolutely free to discuss BLM or other topics and are entitled to articulate why they disagree. Unfortunately some are clearly incapable of doing so without condemning entire populations based on skin tone or religion using inflammatory and racist language. They then lose the right to post.
Fair enough - I must have missed that stuff while scanning the threads.

The_Duke

LE
Fair enough - I must have missed that stuff while scanning the threads.
It gets cut quite quickly. We obviously can't leave it on the open boards which then tends to lead people to the conclusion that there isn't much racism on the site. The more accurate statement is that there isn't much racist content left on open view.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
To play Devil's Advocate here, it's not as if the BLM cover themselves in glory either. They don't just blame the white people involved in slavery, they blame all white people.

The_Duke

LE
To play Devil's Advocate here, it's not as if the BLM cover themselves in glory either. They don't just blame the white people involved in slavery, they blame all white people.
No problem. The people who carry the responsibility for the social media or forums used to share those views can carry the can if you want to complain to the police.

I don't believe that BLM have an account on here, though.

Tyranny?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Very much society as a whole - or at least every member of society who isn't snowy white. Those banned have plenty of form, understand exactly what they are doing wrong and patience has run out. There really isn't any other way of explaining it.

Was the Hammer of Great Tyranny wielded in such a way as to ban them for life, or was it more of a toffee hammer, see you next week kind of a blow?

1611169049249.png

Broadly this sort of thing:

Happy to help.

Is this sort of thing ok then, poster anonymised for obvious reasons from the moderator that posted them

Or is it that there is a sliding scaled of what races we're allowed to be offensive about?

Now, as all avid viewers of Father Ted will know, the Chinese are a great bunch of lads. This, as it turns out, is something of a misconception. They are in fact, a massive bunch of cunts.

Now I don’t claim this to be scientific but from my observation of Chinese tourists, I’m happy to report that 100% are pig-ignorant arseholes.

Latest Threads