Why am i not losing weight?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Jeck_martin, Jan 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I just started dieting 4 days ago, and this is day five, and instead of losing weight i'm gaining a little. i eat really healthy every day, drink lots of water and run 5-7 miles a day. i just started running far about three weeks ago, so i understand that i'm gaining muscle...but isn't my weight supposed to drop more after the muscle is gained?? also, i weigh about 134 pounds...at what rate are people who are my weight usually lose weight?
  2. You weigh 9st 8lbs why do you need to loose much more weight?
  3. He weighs 9st 8lbs, but is only 4ft 2ini tall!
  4. Your first post and you're seeking dietary advice on ARRSE?
  5. Muscle weighs more than fat...
  6. What is your height and age?
  7. Tips for Weight Loss

# Fruits and vegetables are packed with beneficial fibers, vitamins and antioxidants.They fill up your stomach fast so you feel full earlier. They are also low in calories and helps to keep your calorie count low.

# Eating small frequent meals help to balance your calorie intake throughout the day and also keeps your blood sugar level balanced. Instead of eating 3 big meals, try to eat 5 - 6 smaller meals throughout the day.

# Juices, soda, cream & sugar in your coffee or tea all add up. Opt for drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day. In addition to providing hydration to your body, it will also help you feel full.

# Most authorities recommend 30 - 60 minutes of physical activity a day to stay healthy. Also try adding weight-bearing exercises at least 2 times a week.
  8. As someone said muscle weighs more than fat.
    Im having the same problem, PT fives times a week and Im putting on weight. Its the weights thats doing it!!
  9. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

In my younger days, when returning from an injury during which period I'd perhaps added a few pounds, when started to train again, my weight always went up before it started to decrease.

In fact seems to still be doing the same these days, a just waiting for it to top out and then drop again.
  10. Could change your run route to avoid the Pie Shop or Chippy :)
    • Like Like x 1
  11. You say you are drinking lots more water, remember that 1ltr of water weighs 1kg- 2.2lbs.
  12. Does "waiting for it to top out" rank alongside "its me glands" or "Im big boned" :)

My personal excuse is that I am a lazy bastard.
  13. You weigh 9st 8lbs, stop worrying about your body mass and just keep running.
  14. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

You are not in the mans Army thats for sure. Try weightwatchers.
  15. At the time of the post you had only been dieting 5 days! You need to persevere and be persistent, you cant just expect instant results.