Why am i not losing weight?

I just started dieting 4 days ago, and this is day five, and instead of losing weight i'm gaining a little. i eat really healthy every day, drink lots of water and run 5-7 miles a day. i just started running far about three weeks ago, so i understand that i'm gaining muscle...but isn't my weight supposed to drop more after the muscle is gained?? also, i weigh about 134 pounds...at what rate are people who are my weight usually lose weight?

Your first post and you're seeking dietary advice on ARRSE?

I just started dieting 4 days ago, and this is day five, and instead of losing weight i'm gaining a little. i eat really healthy every day, drink lots of water and run 5-7 miles a day. i just started running far about three weeks ago, so i understand that i'm gaining muscle...but isn't my weight supposed to drop more after the muscle is gained?? also, i weigh about 134 pounds...at what rate are people who are my weight usually lose weight?
What is your height and age?

Tips for Weight Loss

# Fruits and vegetables are packed with beneficial fibers, vitamins and antioxidants.They fill up your stomach fast so you feel full earlier. They are also low in calories and helps to keep your calorie count low.

# Eating small frequent meals help to balance your calorie intake throughout the day and also keeps your blood sugar level balanced. Instead of eating 3 big meals, try to eat 5 - 6 smaller meals throughout the day.

# Juices, soda, cream & sugar in your coffee or tea all add up. Opt for drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day. In addition to providing hydration to your body, it will also help you feel full.

# Most authorities recommend 30 - 60 minutes of physical activity a day to stay healthy. Also try adding weight-bearing exercises at least 2 times a week.

As someone said muscle weighs more than fat.
Im having the same problem, PT fives times a week and Im putting on weight. Its the weights thats doing it!!

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
In my younger days, when returning from an injury during which period I'd perhaps added a few pounds, when started to train again, my weight always went up before it started to decrease.

In fact seems to still be doing the same these days, a just waiting for it to top out and then drop again.

You say you are drinking lots more water, remember that 1ltr of water weighs 1kg- 2.2lbs.

In my younger days, when returning from an injury during which period I'd perhaps added a few pounds, when started to train again, my weight always went up before it started to decrease.

In fact seems to still be doing the same these days, a just waiting for it to top out and then drop again.
Does "waiting for it to top out" rank alongside "its me glands" or "Im big boned" :)

My personal excuse is that I am a lazy bastard.

You are not in the mans Army thats for sure. Try weightwatchers.

Check this out:

Loose weight sensibly with Elite Weight Loss Package

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Does "waiting for it to top out" rank alongside "its me glands" or "Im big boned" :)

My personal excuse is that I am a lazy bastard.
Nothing wrong with my glands and as far as aware my bones are of a normal size for a fat git!

Am and always have been on the bulkier side of average, hence played prop entire life.

Nothing wrong with my glands and as far as aware my bones are of a normal size for a fat git!

Am and always have been on the bulkier side of average, hence played prop entire life.
Oi! Props are a supreme of speed and power; they only tend to have large bellies in an effort to slow down enough to enable the rest of the pack to keep up.