Why am I getting a screen like this when browsing this web site

Because you are surfing clickbait and malicious sites.
Your anti-virus / firewall is doing its job!

Edited to add that you might have an intrusive spam attachment on your browser which is redirecting you: Examples:

MyWebSearch
WhenUSearch
Mindspark
Conduit
Ask.com
Delta Search
IncrediBar

Last edited:
What he said.

If you have some anti-virus software it will ordinarily doorstop stuff. However, be aware that some stuff can get through and for that I personally run malwarebytes every so often to keep the PC free from STD's. You can download the free trial version from here ==> Malwarebytes Anti-Malware - Protects You When Antivirus Can't - Protect Your PC Now and just delete it when done, or keep it hanging around, or even buy the high end version. My Bruv, who works at Microsoft, recommended it to me when my PC was totally gunged up with some malware and it worked a treat.

Edited to add that you might have an intrusive spam attachment on your browser which is redirecting you: Examples:

MyWebSearch
WhenUSearch
Mindspark
Conduit
Ask.com
Delta Search
IncrediBar
Not clicking, it happens randomly when I am reading a post or thread

Archie

In which case you have probably inadvertently downloaded a malicious add-on to your browser. Happened to me about 5 years ago when a particular website downloaded the Babylon toolbar onto my browser. Took me hours to get rid of the damn thing.

These things work by hijacking your browser settings and re-directing you to sponsored websites (usually either clickbait junk or malicious depending on what you have been hijacked by). They will also re-set your browser automatically unless removed completely.

Here are typical instructions for removal of one particularly persistent one:

Remove mywebsearch search Homepage (Uninstall Guide) - Tech Support All

Do a full anti-virus scan as well.

Hope this helps

Ok, to try and crack this issue and the one posted here I've turned off all advertising on the site.

Can anyone who has had either issue let me know if this has sorted it?

Can anyone who has had either issue let me know if this has sorted it?
I've not seen the issue at all today, using Win 10 and edge. Hope this helps.

I had it this morning at about 11:00 but being on my phone (HTC One, Firefox) it was dim and therefore not legible. On pressing the back button, another dodgy page came up. A further press and the red page came back.

I tried the back button several times, only achieving the same two pages so had to close Firefox completely. It hasn't been back since but not using the site for several hours in the afternoon, I can't say whether it cleared of its own accord or was the result of intervention.

OK who's at fault:

Brexit?
North Korea?
Corbyn?
The Markles?
Trump?
Putin?

It's probably something in the ads, if so it's not Arrses fault

A lot of big companies have been caught out by this, people legitimately by ads then in the html they link to dodgy sites that inject code in via Javascript

In most languages you can use Javascript to call backend code if you know what you're doing, and use it exploit weaknesses in the content management system

That's if the database hasn't been hit by a traditional sql injection attack, another common weakness of some content management systems