Wht the ambulance service thinks of Paramedics with a degree

I'm sure it would be as funny as fcuk if I knew what the bloody hell you were banging on about. And I think Hitler hearing about Mucheal Jackson's death was far funnier. In fact I'm still shitting rainbows and I canceled the fcuking clown.

chinooksdad said:
I'm sure it would be as funny as fcuk if I knew what the bloody hell you were banging on about. And I think Hitler hearing about Mucheal Jackson's death was far funnier. In fact I'm still shitting rainbows and I canceled the fcuking clown.
:D Link?

ah yeah ..suppose ya need to be in the London ambulance service to undertsnad it ..

sorry seemed like a good idea last night after several beers ;)

bwtsninja said:
ah yeah ..suppose ya need to be in the London ambulance service to undertsnad it ..

you want to see my thread 'was i wrong in gripping a walt...' THAT seemed like a good idea after about ten stellas!! Dont apologise, half the jargon on this site flies over my head!! Most shit flew over my head WHEN I was in!!

bwtsninja said:

Not just London, I'm ex WMAS so i understood it. :clap:

May have to send a link to couple of mates still serving, i'm sure they will also find it funny. :lol:

bwtsninja said:
Dunno if you know ..for all you CMT's and stuff that plan to become NHS paramedics when you leave the services ..this is the general view of paramedic students lol

They are known as the "hitler youth"

The Hitler youth

Loved the comment reference Anthony Marsh although the actor was alot thinner and didn't mince when he walked in!!

Most of them have a spell in St Johns to get some form of credibility. My experience of them is that they are too young and immature generally to deal with the clientele we get!!!

Just my 2 peneth for what its worth

Can see why they're callin em the hitler youth ;) Think they should introduce a bit of pre shift pokey drill, followed by a swift inspection checking out cleanliness of their vehicles :p

it appears the 'BWTS Massive' object to the fact that new staff actually follow the rules ...

they moan about not getting breaks (officially) but then boast how many crafty fags, sly pies and quickies behind the bike sheds they get ...

mph1977 said:
it appears the 'BWTS Massive' object to the fact that new staff actually follow the rules ...

they moan about not getting breaks (officially) but then boast how many crafty fags, sly pies and quickies behind the bike sheds they get ...[/quote]

Yeah but thats across the board mate. Just before i left my service was introducing the book your "mealbreak" between certain times E.G midday-2pm and a fee should it get interrupted whilst your stuffing a sarnie down your neck. They also mooted getting crews to switch off the system and book unavailable but i doubt that would happen unless someone knows something i dont. The press would have a field-day with that one!!!

As for the new recruits, it does appear that they are programmed to toe the line and in my experience are more interested in getting the PRF right than looking after the patient!!

mph1977 said:

they moan about not getting breaks (officially) but then boast how many crafty fags, sly pies and quickies behind the bike sheds they get ...
Well apart from the forces how many other jobs do you have to go for 12 hours without a break ? So of course you have to have a "crafty cuppa or fag" even then though its harder these days as you are tracked by MDT constantly ...:(

PS : 12 hour shift in london you are meant to get one 45 min break...first 30 mins you cannot be disturbed , last 15 mins you can get "disturbed" if a call is deemed "life threatening" . If you don't get a break you can go home 30 mins early and in the 15 mins before that shift end time you can only be given a "RED 1 " call e.g cardiac arrest

But you also get paid if you miss your break and get some more if you get a call when your ending your shift. And so you should... the basic wage for paramedics is crap but is pretty good with the 25% extra for shifts plus OT. Is that double time after your normal hours??

And you still get time fer pies and quickies :p

Lamster said:
But you also get paid if you miss your break and get some more if you get a call when your ending your shift. And so you should... the basic wage for paramedics is crap but is pretty good with the 25% extra for shifts plus OT. Is that double time after your normal hours??

And you still get time fer pies and quickies :p
after "agenda for change" came in London crews didn't do too badly ..we get time and a half for OT - no double time even if you work a bank holiday (unless its OT)

You only get paid for missing a break (£10 taxable) if you are on station 45 mins before your shift end time and get a call in the 15 mins before your shift ends

But have to admit in the LAS we have had a bonus scheme running for just over a year now ...for working OT ...do 48 Hours OT including at least 24 hours OT on weekend nights and you get anything from a £300-£400 bonus ....with £100 bonus for each 12 hour shift worked on OT

We had guys last year that were clearing £50-60,000 and most staff ended up on the super tax bracket !!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Army Reserve 7
P The Training Wing 46
mac912 The Training Wing 1